Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 13, 2020 at 8:32 PM       39      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Each passing day draws us closer to the Holiday 2020 launch for Sony's next-gen PlayStation 5 video gaming console, and today online sales giant Amazon.com put live their PS5 page just days after the first PlayStation 5 Box Art was officially unveiled. :)

According to Redditor likkyball, on the German Amazon Page the PlayStation 5 weight is also listed at 4.78 kilograms or around 10.5 pounds... which comes in lighter than the original PS3 console that weighed in at 5 Kg (11 lbs). ⚖

Last month PS5 Game Pre-orders opened after the DualSense PS5 Controller reveal and PS5 Pre-order Notification Sign Ups earlier on, and while PS5 Game Prices are reportedly going up there currently is no PlayStation 5 MSRP confirmed yet... although our Site Poll predicts a $499 tag at 933/2147 votes for the PS5 Digital Edition (No BD Drive) entry model with the PS5 Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Drive model expected to run about $100 more at $599.

Since watching the PS5 Future of Gaming Showcase and even more PS5 Game Trailers recently, here's to hoping Sony comes forward with specific PlayStation 5 pricing details and also sets a PS5 release date soon.. inquiring minds want to know PS5 ETA WEN?! :unsure:
PlayStation 5 Amazon Page Goes Live with PS5 Weight Listed.jpg

Comments

$400 seems the right spot for the success of a console. Anything more, and parents won't buy it for their kids for Christmas. Keep in mind, gaming consoles are intended to be sold to the masses, as Sony has hopefully learned from PS3. For the hardcore gamer, a $600 GPU would offer better value anyway.

@Datriax
I truly don't think we'll see a "Pro" system this coming gen. It was done in the current gen because the base consoles were so underpowered compared to an average PC that porting was hard. Pro and 1X were essentially made to limit the downgrading needed across the collection of multiplatform games that overwhelmingly make up every console's library. Even then they didn't help much.

These coming consoles are truly up there with a very good gaming PC on launch. On paper we're looking at high-end Ryzen CPU and 2080ti GPU performance. That will last a long time with no need to make a Pro model and further split the gaming base, IMO.

Now, we will absolutely see a "Slim" at some point but those always happen due to saving money for the company. A slim model of console is 100% made to save manufacturing cost so that will almost certainly come. Yet, an increase in performance outside of SDD size isn't guaranteed or even likely, IMO.

All that said, I'm also waiting a while to buy into next gen. I have a long back catalogue of current gen games and I also don't have $600+ to spend on a console alone, even ignoring the $70 game possibility.

I'll likely wait for a slim model for only those reasons and I love the look and tech in PS5 as shown. Also, you are right about reliability. I'm always an early adopter and launch units of every console are the least reliable. I'm done playing that game of buying a new $400+ device and having to replace it in 2 years.

That there won't be a pro variant was also my first idea, therfore I think there is no reason to wait to buy the regular PS5 as long as you want to buy it anyway.

Maybe some revision of regular PS5 will come up later with e.g. improved cooling etc, but except of a slim I also not expect to see another PS5 variant with better hardware

Still no official price. In Poland placeholders are 2500PLN so if $600 price tag will be confirmed would be about right. Not the cheapest one TBH but I'll get it sooner or later. Currently my priority for legit console is new Xbox where I buy cheap games in Argentina :D

I'm just gonna take mine apart and paint it whatever color I want , like I did with one of my switches, which I ended up giving to my wife anyway because she loved it.

It seriously looked like it came that way. Only the buttons I ordered from amazon came white (except the home, snapshot and + - those I had to paint) , and the stickers obviously came pre-done as well. Everything else I painted or polished.

So the ps5 will get the same thing done, just need to decide which colors, I'm thinking the outter white parts a midnight blue either metallic or semi gloss with the middle part that is black re-painted a gun metal color or vice versa. With either color scheme I may do small platinum silver highlights.

0a.jpg

30.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back