Category PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 23, 2020 at 5:31 AM       5,745       13            
Another day, another peek at new details on Sony's next-generation PlayStation 5 console since the PS5 Hardware Tech Specs revealed last month and the recent unveiling of the DualSense PS5 Wireless Controller... this time a PS5 Heatsink Patent surfaced at the USPTO bringing us a bit closer to the 2020 Holiday Launch. 🤩

To quote from PSU.com on the find: From what we can tell, it seems like manufacturers are looking to place the heatsink on the opposite side of the board, which may include holes to accommodate the PS5’s cooling system.

Here's a description included with the patent: A heatsink (21) is disposed on a lower surface of a circuit board (10). The circuit board (10) has through holes (h1) that penetrate the circuit board (10) in an area (A) where an integrated circuit apparatus (5) is disposed. Heat conduction paths (11) are provided in the through holes (h1).

The heat conduction paths (11) connect the integrated circuit apparatus 5 and the heatsink (21). This structure allows for disposition of a component different from the heatsink (21) on the same side as the integrated circuit apparatus (5), thus ensuring a higher degree of freedom in a component layout.

Stay tuned to the PlayStation 5 Forums for more PS5 News as it develops, and cheers to @HydrogenNGU for the heads-up also! :beer:
PlayStation 5 Heatsink Patent Surfaces for Next-Generation PS5 Console.jpg

:idea: Reminder: Those without a Verified Badge yet on Discord to access the private areas we recommend Joining Us! Why? The waiting process takes a week for new Members, and there's a lot we're unable to share on public forums including the latest PS4 PKG Games. 🏴‍☠️

Comments

ProtoBuff

Contributor
It seems like manufacturers are looking to place the heatsink on the opposite side of the board, which may include holes to accommodate the PS5’s cooling system.

I really hope we aren't going to see that ugly ps5 devkit as the official release

stripnwild

Contributor
Verified
Whatever they do you can bet your bottom dollar ...the first gen are going to be poorly made. Rushing back from covid to try to fill orders... first round of ps5s WON'T be good quality

Just my 2 cents

Tentro

Contributor
Verified
I'm looking forward to seeing the actual design of the console. I think the original PS5 devkit is a good look due to the V in the middle of it being for 5 in Roman numerals.

From what I can tell it'll be a black and white traditional console look. I'm just looking forward to reverse engineering the sucker!

Recent Articles
Nanospeed Gamer 1.0 The Videogame PS4 PKG by LapyGames
The PlayStation 4 homebrew keeps flowing from scene developer @Lapy, and following Super Console Wars 1.0 comes Nanospeed Gamer 1.0 The Videogame PS4 PKG by LapyGames (PayPal for supporting his...
OrbisSWU: The PS4 Update Tool Developer Research by TheoryWrong
As mentioned previously, following Fail0verflow's Documentation, the PS4 NoBD Updating Method, his PS4 Updater Toolkit release and the PS4 RL78 Syscon implementation PlayStation 4 scene developer...
Sony CEO Jim Ryan States PS5 Price Won't be the Lowest, Reflects Value
With their official PS5 Gaming Showcase set to be unveiled next week, Sony Interactive Entertainment president and CEO Jim Ryan revealed in an interview that the PlayStation 5 Price won't be the...
PlayStation 5 Unveiling Next Thursday, Limited Backwards Compatibility?!
Although not likely to be as next-gen as this PS5 Concept Video for the DualSense PS5 Controller, today Sony finally announced their next-generation PlayStation 5 console unveiling will take place...