Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 23, 2020 at 5:31 AM       13      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another day, another peek at new details on Sony's next-generation PlayStation 5 console since the PS5 Hardware Tech Specs revealed last month and the recent unveiling of the DualSense PS5 Wireless Controller... this time a PS5 Heatsink Patent surfaced at the USPTO bringing us a bit closer to the 2020 Holiday Launch. 🤩

To quote from PSU.com on the find: From what we can tell, it seems like manufacturers are looking to place the heatsink on the opposite side of the board, which may include holes to accommodate the PS5’s cooling system.

Here's a description included with the patent: A heatsink (21) is disposed on a lower surface of a circuit board (10). The circuit board (10) has through holes (h1) that penetrate the circuit board (10) in an area (A) where an integrated circuit apparatus (5) is disposed. Heat conduction paths (11) are provided in the through holes (h1).

The heat conduction paths (11) connect the integrated circuit apparatus 5 and the heatsink (21). This structure allows for disposition of a component different from the heatsink (21) on the same side as the integrated circuit apparatus (5), thus ensuring a higher degree of freedom in a component layout.

Stay tuned to the PlayStation 5 Forums for more PS5 News as it develops, and cheers to @HydrogenNGU for the heads-up also! :beer:
PlayStation 5 Heatsink Patent Surfaces for Next-Generation PS5 Console.jpg

Comments

It seems like manufacturers are looking to place the heatsink on the opposite side of the board, which may include holes to accommodate the PS5’s cooling system.

I really hope we aren't going to see that ugly ps5 devkit as the official release

Whatever they do you can bet your bottom dollar ...the first gen are going to be poorly made. Rushing back from covid to try to fill orders... first round of ps5s WON'T be good quality

Just my 2 cents

I'm looking forward to seeing the actual design of the console. I think the original PS5 devkit is a good look due to the V in the middle of it being for 5 in Roman numerals.

From what I can tell it'll be a black and white traditional console look. I'm just looking forward to reverse engineering the sucker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back