Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 14, 2020 at 11:07 AM       22      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Business and Market news site Bloomberg.com reports that Sony is struggling on the PlayStation 5 Price due to costly parts (DRAM / NAND shortages) with current PS5 manufacturing costs around $450 per unit, and as a result they may wait for Microsoft to make the first pricing move for their upcoming Microsoft Xbox Series X next-gen console before finalizing a PS5 price by the 2020 Holiday Launch. đź’° đź’¸

According to their report, the previously rumored PlayStation VR (PS VR) Headset is also planned to arrive after the PlayStation 5 launch. Below are some excerpts, to quote:

"The company's biggest headache is ensuring a reliable supply of DRAM and NAND flash memory, with both in high demand as smartphone makers gear up for fifth-generation devices, according to people familiar with Sony's operations.

Videogame companies often sell hardware at thin margins or even at a loss because they profit from lucrative game software and recurring online subscription services. Sony’s Chief Executive Officer Kenichiro Yoshida has said the business should be judged by the number of active users, not the number of hardware units sold.

'We must keep PlayStation 5's bill of materials under our control and we need to make the correct number of units in the initial production,' Sony's Chief Financial Officer Hiroki Totoki said at an earnings briefing earlier this month.

The ongoing coronavirus outbreak has had no impact so far on preparations for PlayStation 5 production, they said. Separately, Sony plans to release a new version of the PlayStation VR virtual-reality headset, tentatively scheduled after the PlayStation 5 goes on sale."

PlayStation 5 Price Affected by Costly PS5 Parts According to Reports.jpg

Comments

never buy first day wait for 6 months to a year to see what problems they have, all technology has its defaults nothing we can do

i personally dont care im gonna get a day one console roll the dice i'll stay up to midnight and go pick it up at 12:01. my ps3 and ps4 are still both kicking. sony doesnt repair consoles if they die?

I agree 100% with you @cpt I enjoy the new releases enough that I don't mind if they aren't the "best" revision to be released. I haven't gotten burned too badly by buying early before.

Don't really care about pricing now. I try not to buy launch versions. They mostly have some kind of a problem which gets fixed on other versions.

This is total BS... stuffs really getting expensive over the years... look at Samsung.. their phone costs $1500 now... how about in the next five years? When phones cost $7000

Describe Sony in 2 words
Weird company
I mean i start to rethink who in the lead here
I mean common !
Is this really happen
Sony waiting for Microsoft to launch their next gen console
so they can decide to give us a crap or a real deal

Sneaky Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back