Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 10, 2018 at 5:01 AM       11      
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been awhile since we've added any new topics to the PS5 News forum section, and since the last update recent PlayStation 5 headlines creating a buzz on the Interwebs for Sony's next-generation console include the following to recap briefly:
  • A PS5 codename of Erebus was debunked by Epic's Arjan Brussee who stated, "FYI references to 'Erebus' in UE4 code only refer to the codename for the Switch version of FortniteGame before we announced it."
  • Sony Corporation Chief Executive Officer Kenichiro Yoshida confirmed in a Financial Times report yesterday that a next-gen console is seen by the company as a necessity stating, "At this point, what I can say is it's necessary to have a next-generation hardware."
Jumping ahead to today's update, since covering some PS5 / DS5 concept designs and PS5 controller concept designs French blog VRPlayer.fr (VR4Player on Twitter) shared awesome PlayStation 5 (PS5) and PlayStation VR 2 (PSVR2) concept designs of their own complete with demonstration videos on their YouTube Channel as can be seen below. :fire:

PlayStation 5 (PS5) & PlayStation VR 2 (PSVR2) Concepts by VR4Player 2.jpg PlayStation 5 (PS5) & PlayStation VR 2 (PSVR2) Concepts by VR4Player 3.jpg PlayStation 5 (PS5) & PlayStation VR 2 (PSVR2) Concepts by VR4Player 4.jpg PlayStation 5 (PS5) & PlayStation VR 2 (PSVR2) Concepts by VR4Player 5.jpg PlayStation 5 (PS5) & PlayStation VR 2 (PSVR2) Concepts by VR4Player 6.jpg PlayStation 5 (PS5) & PlayStation VR 2 (PSVR2) Concepts by VR4Player 7.jpg PlayStation 5 (PS5) & PlayStation VR 2 (PSVR2) Concepts by VR4Player 8.jpg PlayStation 5 (PS5) & PlayStation VR 2 (PSVR2) Concepts by VR4Player 9.jpg

Sony PlayStation 5 - PS5 Trailer : Concept Design
PlayStation VR 2 - PSVR2 : Concept Design
PS5 PlayStation 5 - Concept Design Trailer V2
PS5 PlayStation 5 PSV - Concept Design Trailer V3
PS5 PlayStation 5 - Concept Design Trailer V4
PlayStation 5 (PS5) & PlayStation VR 2 (PSVR2) Concepts by VR4Player.jpg

Comments

Ugliest concept i ever seen and by saying "it's necessary to have a next-generation hardware" they really mean "Ps4's are getting hacked and we're losing money so we need something new to shove down people's throats"

I really like the looks of this concept art to me it looks like a mix of the ps2 phat, Ps3 slim, and the ps4.

Why all the hate? I don't see anyone else's realistic designs yet. although it might not be the perfect envisionment you had in your head; You can tell a lot of work was put into this and engineer wise all the designs made sense. Its so easy to spit hate from behind the safety of your keyboard, But its a lot harder to admit they have done it better than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back