Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 25, 2022 at 12:54 PM       13      
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to a report by PPE.pl, slides from electronics company TCL Technology's presentation at a conference in Poland indicate a PlayStation 5 (PS5) Pro model is rumored for a 2023 / 2024 release alongside a purported new Xbox Series X/S console claiming 60-120 FPS resolution at 4K with UHD 8K support utilizing AMD Radeon RX 7700 XT technology. :unsure:

This comes following previous reports from a Sony VP on the PS5 Pro Model Possibility alongside the recent CFI-1200 PS5 Model confirmation, and to quote from PPE.pl roughly translated:

"According to TCL, in the years 2023-2024 we will witness the so-called 'half-generation of consoles' (9.5), in which the PlayStation 5 Pro will appear and the new Xbox Series X / S.

The manufacturer mentions that the devices would provide gameplay in 60-120 frames per second at a resolution of 2160p and offer the ability to play the production in 8K. The presentation even mentioned the latest AMD GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7700 XT."

Meanwhile, in many areas you still cannot walk into a major retail store like Walmart and purchase a PlayStation 5 console right off the shelf (that was released one and a half years ago) due to ongoing factors including PlayStation 5 Parts Shortages and PS5 BOTs & Scalpers unfortunately. :confused:
New PS5 Pro report Update:
  • Called Project Trinity
  • PlayStation 5 Pro will be targeting improved and consistent FPS at 4K resolution
  • New ‘performance mode’ for 8K resolution
  • Accelerated ray tracing
  • 30 WGP and 18000mts memory
  • Demo events going on right now
  • Dev Kits out to majority of studios November 2023
  • November 2024 release
  • PS5 Pro will be using a 4nm chip according to AMD leaker Kepler
  • PS5 Pro Specs Leak are Real, Releasing Holiday 2024
    • Rendering 45% faster than PS5
    • 2-3x Ray-tracing (x4 in some cases)
    • 33.5 Teraflops
    • PSSR (PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution Upscaling) upscaling/antialiasing solution
    • Support for resolutions up to 8K is planned for future *** version
    • Custom machine learning architecture
    • AI Accelerator, supporting 300 TOPS of 8 bit computation / 67 TFLOPS of 16-bit floating point
Spoiler
PlayStation 5 (PS5) Pro Rumored for 2023 2024 per TCL Technology.jpg

Comments

If you didn't see this coming - especially in this generation cut down by a pandemic and materials shortage - I don't know what to tell you. No matter how hard everyone said it wasn't happening, it's the way of tech these days.

Never again will you get one device spec for 6-8 years like the past. The phone market proved that people will buy a new device every 2-3 years so console makers will abide... and it's why I wouldn't have bought a PS5 if they were in stores. If I ever get one I'll be the new model.

Nah. I will be fine with what I have. It is going to be harder to jailbreak, perhaps. I have PS4 and I don't have a problem with it. A PS4 pro is good but not much of the difference anyway. It would be the same for PS5 pro as well.

Consoles have updated since PS3 a bit of disgrace as the content has been so slow emerging for the PS5, I bought a Pro PS4 early for performance upgrade & I'm unsure if it makes much difference as Linux runs better on the original console PS4, so if there is major upgrades to the PS5 I'd be surprised if its not purely aesthetics, other than that its a hold for me.

When the Pro came out it was all about 1080p I think but coming from a retro game base never understood how more dots per inch was gonna be a game changer above a max. However does it make that much difference when you reach a certain platform. So is a high definition tv (current iteration) req and will the benefit be appreciable i doubt it.

@jamesblond007
Consoles have only updated in the sense that they had revisions with exact or very similar design spec. Starting last gen is when we got true updates to hardware from a technical perspective. Now, PS4 Pro was not that much more powerful than the base model (same for Xbox) but it was substantial. It was noticeable and both companies could have easily made games for one platform that wouldn't work on the old base models if they wanted to.

They didn't but if they had we would have seen games with noticeable improvements simply not able to run on the base hardware. We just didn't see that so the differences weren't really noticed outside of 4K TV adopters. So not massive upgrades but definite upgrades when in the past the revision changes were just slim models, a smaller production process for the chips that dropped power consumption and such.

What we got last gen will be the norm from here on out regardless of what they say at launch of a new gen. Given that it will likely always follow the model of PS4/Pro, I'll wait for the pro as any exploits will certainly be available on both (unless exclusive to an early firmware).

Blegh, I finally managed to get a PS5 yesterday. At least I only paid MSRP, and the PS5 Pro probably won't be available for at least 1-2 years after launch due to scalpers.

If you want one, best bet is to register for PSN and get one directly from Sony. It takes about 4 months to get the offer and I hadn't ever used the PSN account for anything else. You have to watch your email diligently because they let you know the night before and you only get a few hours to claim it.

@Chumdiddy1
I cant see any major performance upgrades when a PS5 Pro is released it would be too controversial.

Consider the consumer ive bought the console namely PS5 as its the latest & greatest, can sony turn round and say ok you have a ps5 but its not a pro so cant run certain games.

If there was major changes to the performance of the console id expect a new console not a new iteration.

There are games that run better on Pro than normal system that's how id see things evolving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back