Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 25, 2023 at 8:13 AM       15      

Does PlayStation's Project Q Handheld Streaming Device Interest You?

• Yes, planning to get Sony's Project Q device!

Votes: 16 7.3%
  • Maybe, awaiting Project Q details before deciding.

Votes: 65 29.7%
  • No, enough portable gaming options already exist.

Votes: 138 63.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding the rumors previously reported, Sony officially unveiled their upcoming PlayStation Project Q Handheld Device for playing games installed on PS5 streamed over WiFi as part of the Accessories Sneak Peek footage during PlayStation Showcase 2023. :unsure:

This PlayStation 5 News comes following PS Remote Play for PS5 and the Backbone One: PlayStation Edition, and while not many details are confirmed thus far according to mainstream media reports including TheVerge.com:

"It's basically an 8-inch LCD screen with the two halves of a DualSense grafted to the sides, and it will be able to play games from your PS5 at up to 1080p and 60fps over Wi-Fi via Remote Play. It's supposed to launch later this year."

:poll: Check out the brief Project Q device video footage below, and let us know in the comments below and poll whether this is something that interests you or not.

PlayStation Showcase 2023 - Accessories Sneak Peek

Take a sneak peak at new accessories revealed at today’s Showcase — the Project Q device for playing games installed on your PS5 and streamed over WiFi, plus our first official wireless earbuds offering lossless audio on PS5 and PC. More details to come in the months ahead.

PlayStation Project Q Handheld Device for Streaming Games on PS5 via WiFi.png

Comments

Just was thinking about this while using remote play on my switch to play hogwartz legacy from my ps5. But i dont see it selling that well.

If they make another vita style system with that screen size, have local storage for smaller games offline, add an option for streaming with cellular companies or spaceX to allow at least a stable connection at 60 fps 480p-720p bandwidth with dedicated compression servers when not on wifi then i could see it doing well.

It's kinda weird, can't you already do this on an android device - same with XB Game Pass titles via Cloud and LAN via console (might be mistaken as I refused to fully setup ps remote play after finding out I couldnt use LAN)

Kinda weird from Sony.. then again it's far from surprising with their decision making, only slightly below the ranks vs Nintendo's pathetic contributions to the market.

Their VR2 is already having a hard time selling, and now they want to release this lol, I like Sony but this is going to be a hard pass for me, I was really hoping for a true handheld like the psp.

Just wow :eek: I thought that it was going to be a hardware/software base model but remote play only!.. they need to send it back and start over. im not wasting my money on that lmao :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back