Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter umart666       2      
Status
Not open for further replies.

umart666

Contributor
i have fat cech04 ps3 for about 3 months now. it's jailbroken and it's currently on a test noBD 4.82 ferrox cobra cfw. it was on a 4.81 ferrox, rebug, habbib and whatever i could find from reputable sources that's a noBD cfw because my bd is shot. i've never managed to make psX games (SH and RE series, parasite eve 1 and 2, all .bin format) to work.

i've tried everything that i could find on the net, webman, multiman, irisman, tried them from internal hdd, external ntfs, external fat32... mostly they come to black screen, sometimes they go to back screen but emulation home menu can be accessed via pressing the PS button, but that's it.

i would really like to be able to play them, so if somebody can help, it would be really appreciated. :)

thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english!

after extensive testing,only full clean install (you have to reflash and then restore if you have other webman to fully remove it) of latest rebug cex would play ps2 and ps1 backups.

now, i only have to find apropriate prepNTFS version that would work with integrated webman on rebug.latest 1.18 version would mount ps3 iso's from external hdd but would only go to black screen after running it. :(

prepntfs 1.17 works perfectly. to sum it up - latest rebug rex - psx .bin's and .img in PSXISO folder on internal hdd - ps2ISO's in PS2ISO folder on internal hdd - ps3iso's in PS3ISO folder on external ntfs HDD - lauching via integrated webman + prepNTFS 1.17

rebug tools installed, cobra enabled.

next would be trying to make at least ps2 iso's to work from external ntfs because i have extensive library. and trying to make retroarch work for snes/gba/genesis games and to try to stream 1080p videofiles from computer to ps3, but that's for another time...

only ps2 iso's won't work from external ntfs drive, everything else works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back