Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS Vita News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 10, 2018 at 6:12 AM       15      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when most figured the previous OFW revision would be the last System Software update for PlayStation Vita, Sony decided to release PS Vita Firmware 3.68 which likely patches holes preventing fun things like jailbreaking, running exploits and homebrew on the handheld console. :sneaky:

Those interested can check it out below, and as usual it's advisable NOT to update for most sceners who didn't get a PS Vita or PlayStation TV to use it only for vanilla mainstream retail games and applications.

Download: PS Vita Firmware 3.68 Update (US) / PS Vita Firmware 3.68 Update (EU) / PS Vita Firmware 3.68 Update (JP)

Thanks to haznpapo for the news tip, and as always when Sony updates their official site and details come in from PlayStation Vita scene developers we'll update this article with what's changed or patched in the PS Vita System Software 3.68 update.

Main features in system software update version 3.68

• This system software update improves the quality of the system performance.
https://gist.github.com/TheOfficialFloW/f8939c6574cadf66c69676eb98fb9a50
Code:
uint32_t get_sysmem_base() {
  uint32_t info[0x12];

// 1) Call a function that writes sp to kernel stack
  sceAppMgrLoadExec(NULL, NULL, NULL);

// 2) Leak kernel stack
  sceMotionDevGetEvaInfo(info);

// 3) Get sysmem base
  uint32_t sysmem_addr = info[0] & 0xFFFFF000;

return sysmem_addr;
}
H-encore
PlayStation Vita System Software Firmware 3.68 Update Now Live.jpg

Comments

TheFlow is a really persistent guy. I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped a release of a newer exploit sooner than that, but only if kit was patched in the new FW. Don't want to burn good exploits before they are patched (or the life of a system is over).

I swear man someone at Sony really watches the internet 24/7 for exploits in their firmwares to instantly patch them. There is NO WAY this can be a coincidence. I don't believe in coincidences.

This is why The Flow is going to wait at until the end of the year to release the exploit. Companies are doing anything in their power to stop Homebrew. Look how Nintendo released a system update 1 year later. For a system they no longer "support".

As an educated guess, it will stop PSN access and anyone who tries and spoofs 3.68 but doesn't have the proper key will be put on a to be banned list for later. But I'm interested has anyone set their spoof version to 3.68 and connected to PSN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back