Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter VirtousKaiju       4      
Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtousKaiju

Contributor
Verified
Greetings friends.

I humbly seek assistance with fixing PS4 issues I am having.

First, I will explain my situation:

I jailbroke my 9.00 slim PS4 console several months back and until now things have been smooth sailing. All of my fpkgs have lived and functioned perfectly right next to my official pkgs downloaded from the PSN.

The issue occurred after installing a new HDD in the PS4 as my old one was showing signs of failing and I wanted to be proactive about replacement to avoid losing any data.

Upon installing the new HDD and restoring the console via the PS4 internal backup and restore, all of my fpkgs work fine but my official pkgs no longer run and there is a lock icon next to each official pkg tile. I have been led to believe that this is due to a licensing issue.

I have tried to reset the PS4 as the primary active console as it was before the HDD replacement but the options are greyed out unless I connect to PSN.

I have attempted to fix the problem by using HxD on my entitlement.db file from the PS4 but the file appears very short and I am unable to find any mention of .json or .xml anywhere in the file.

I have seen the suggestion to obtain fpkgs with the original keystone for the official pkgs so that my existing game saves will work properly with them. I am unsure of how to do this though and any guidance would be greatly appreciated if this is truly the best/only method I have of keeping my game saves. I do still have the original HDD that the games functioned perfectly on if that could help me fix this at all.

I don't mind losing trophy data if it is unavoidable but I really don't want to lose my progress on so many games.

Please help me save my game saves!

I feel for you, man! I bet someone here might be able to help. I managed to fuk up some of my saves, recently too! Beer + root access = stoopid? :D
I'm making more backups from now on...

Thank you for your sympathies.

Fortunately, I have persevered and only have 2 game saves that I now need to save.

I believe I need CUSA05933 (Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 USA) and CUSA02299 (Spider-man USA) original keystones in order to fix my corrupted saves.

Luckily I still have the saves uncorrupted on my original HDD and just require the keystones so my PS4 will recognize them and not mark them as corrupt.

I have had a difficult time locating these though so if you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

I don't know how this stuff works, but: Did you perhaps make the backup while jailbreaked? Would you be able to reinstall the games you need the keystones for, while not being jailbreaked? Then jailbreak -> copy needed files to PC -> get keystone as per youtube guide -> profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back