Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter FENebula       5      
Status
Not open for further replies.

FENebula

Contributor
Hello everyone,

I am new here. And I posted this thread because I would like to emulate PS4 on PC by software - yes, that means tons of work and counting by year.

I understand that PS4 is not a PC and it's computing ability is comparable to modern PC. According from this HLE (high level emulation) seems to be better than LLE (low level emulation) in reality. (Please correct me if I am wrong).

My problem is I am really lack of knowledge of PS4 software system. Just know that OrbisOS is a modified FreeBSD(FB). So first I would like to figure out how it is different from a 'Standard' version of FB. I installed x86 FB9.0 and counted all the files, then downloaded the PS4 1.76 DUMP but just before I started comparing, I realized that all files in PS4 1.76 DUMP are different. Thus I know nothing about the difference between the two OSes. Any suggestion?

Besides this, I thought the emulation may start from loading and execute a very simple PS4 executable in a 'modified' x86 FB (which means re-implement and inject those SONY specific libraries, from my current understanding). So a good understanding of PS4 program's whole loading-decrypting-executing process is necessary. And I don't know where to get started - lots of stuff need to learn (e.g. I saw a bunch of .sprx files matched the name in list of PS4 libraries in psdevwiki, but no further description of the .sprx format).

I really appreciate any help directing me to understand all those stuffs.

There supposedly is a PS4 emulator for PC. I checked google, but I am not downloading as I am not sure they are safe sites

I personally would rather play on PS4, and just play PC games on my PC.. But that is me.

Ok the one I see on google is PS4 EMULATE BY EMULX GROUP
and the other is called ps4emulator.org home of PCXS4

How they work or legit they are, I can't say, as I haven't tried either

Attachments

• battlefiled.jpg
    battlefiled.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 217
  • ps4emulator.png
    ps4emulator.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 345
If I was to point an upcoming PS4 developer in a single direction to start, I would recommend to start reading here: https://cturt.github.io/ps4.html
Thanks for your suggestion! Previously I just thought cturt's article is just a hacking guide but now I will go through it to understand more.
There supposedly is a PS4 emulator for PC. I checked google, but I am not downloading as I am not sure they are safe sites

I personally would rather play on PS4, and just play PC games on my PC.. But that is me.
I searched about ps4emulator.org you mentioned, in reddit they said it a fake one with adware.

Personally I plan to develop a PS4 emulator just to build a "backup" platform for PS4 exclusive titles (e.g. Uncharted) in future. I don't want these great games disappears in view once PS4 ends its life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back