Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Announcements       Thread starter GTAWWEKID       Start date Dec 1, 2016 at 12:31 AM       25      

How Long Before Gaming Turns Completely Cloud-based?

• It already is!

• Next-Gen (Ninth-Generation)

• Tenth-Gen

• Apple

• I spent too much on my gaming rig for this!

• Nobody cares?

Results are only viewable after voting. You must Log in or Register to vote on the poll.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As we are heading into 2017, the gaming industry is still launching new hardware, however it is also clear to see, that there are companies working on better software.

For our generation, it's been if you have the hardware, you can run the software. But it's slowly changing now to everything being in the "cloud."

We are slowly watching games being pushed into a streaming service, such as PlayStation Now, letting users stream PS3 games to other platforms. And there is also Nvidia's Ge-force experience which can let you stream your games to other devices...

With streaming games, people can play whatever on any device theoretically. And the speeds of the internet for the general consumer is getting better every decade. Eventually, the gaming industries will eventually find streaming more profitable because;
  1. they can charge monthly for software (receive more than $60 without DLC)
  2. remove the cost of dlc as it will be a service
  3. prevent unfair advantages/mods
  4. sell consoles for cheap
There are many more benefits to streaming games in the future. I strongly believe Microsoft had the intentions of making the first Xbox One like this, which was the reason for the "always connected" DRM. It wasn't to spy, but to allow developers to begin the transition of the future of gaming.

Let's face it, the cloud is becoming everything, how long will gaming stay as a hardware battle before the gaming platforms are just Internet clients?

Share your thoughts in the comments below, and be sure to vote in the site poll: How Long Before Gaming Turns Completely Cloud-based?
Is Gaming Heading to Streaming Rather Than Performing.jpg

Comments

Conventional (pre-BD-XL) Blu-ray Disc discs contain 25 GB per layer, with dual layer discs (50 GB) being the industry standard for feature-length video discs. Triple-layer discs (100 GB) and quadruple-layers (128 GB) are available for BD-XL re-writer drives. Plus with companies that help develop the technology (Looking at you Sony) the production costs for them would be negligible plus the price is pass-through to the consumer so they don't have a "loss" unless someone on the line messes up somewhere and damages the disc, or the writing is broken in some way which would be found by QA fairly quickly.

OH book gtawwekid is back? im done like wtf kind of website are you running here @PSXHAX ? like wth next thing you're going to do is bring NGCheats back? i'm done with this website

OH book gtawwekid is back? im done like wtf kind of website are you running here @PSXHAX ? like wth next thing you're going to do is bring NGCheats back? i'm done with this website
This was covered back on November 3rd HERE, it's probably a good idea if you're a Moderator to keep up with what's posted in the Staff section :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back