Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 8, 2016 at 7:14 AM       76      

Would You Buy / Support a For-Profit PS4 Dongle or Not?

• Yes - as long as the cost is under $60 and it runs backups + homebrew

• Yes - as long as the cost is under $100 and it runs backups + homebrew

• Maybe - I'm undecided until one is actually available to research further

• No - I won't pay for anything I don't need, a free solution will come in time

• No - Re-DRM dongles steal from public developers and GITs work for profit

Results are only viewable after voting. You must Log in or Register to vote on the poll.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're in the United States, today (Tuesday, November 8th) is the US Presidential Election 2016 where either Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton or Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will become the next President of the United States. :eyesroll:

Not following politics much myself, I can't help but think of this video fitting perfectly for this year's Presidential candidates:

Anyhoo, it got me thinking that with all the voting going on today combined with the PS4 4.01 Jailbreak from ChaitinTech and both the EPEEN and TRSi scene group PS4 NFO updates it's the perfect day to run a poll here and see what everyone thinks of a for-profit PlayStation 4 dongle.

Since the PlayStation 3 Re-DRM TrueBlue dongle days many sceners including myself and @GregoryRasputin most memorably have been fairly vocal on being against DRM-infected dongles and those who peddle them, and now whispers from various dongle camps leave me wondering whether the crusade should continue with PS4 dongles or should we throw in the towel on the fight against them? :meh:

If you've never heard of a dongle before, in this context we're referring to a small hardware device that you would have to buy from an online shop which would plug into the PlayStation 4's USB port (or somewhere similar) and allow you to run commercial PS4 game backups and homebrew (unsigned code) in theory.

Soooo.. what do YOU think, voice your opinion by VOTING in the Would You Buy / Support a For-Profit PS4 Dongle or Not? poll and in the comments below!
Poll Would You Be Interested in a For-Profit PS4 Dongle or Not.jpg

Comments

I thought this would be a poll about US candidates... The only people worried about that are we who live outside of USA ???

Anyway, just one thing could be worst than a DRM dongle for PS4...

You walk into a store and buy a new apple pc you need the dongle for those so if you think about it what the difference? only difference is selling backups is a crime that dongle pushers always get away with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back