Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 8, 2016 at 7:14 AM       76      

Would You Buy / Support a For-Profit PS4 Dongle or Not?

• Yes - as long as the cost is under $60 and it runs backups + homebrew

• Yes - as long as the cost is under $100 and it runs backups + homebrew

• Maybe - I'm undecided until one is actually available to research further

• No - I won't pay for anything I don't need, a free solution will come in time

• No - Re-DRM dongles steal from public developers and GITs work for profit

Results are only viewable after voting. You must Log in or Register to vote on the poll.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're in the United States, today (Tuesday, November 8th) is the US Presidential Election 2016 where either Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton or Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will become the next President of the United States. :eyesroll:

Not following politics much myself, I can't help but think of this video fitting perfectly for this year's Presidential candidates:

Anyhoo, it got me thinking that with all the voting going on today combined with the PS4 4.01 Jailbreak from ChaitinTech and both the EPEEN and TRSi scene group PS4 NFO updates it's the perfect day to run a poll here and see what everyone thinks of a for-profit PlayStation 4 dongle.

Since the PlayStation 3 Re-DRM TrueBlue dongle days many sceners including myself and @GregoryRasputin most memorably have been fairly vocal on being against DRM-infected dongles and those who peddle them, and now whispers from various dongle camps leave me wondering whether the crusade should continue with PS4 dongles or should we throw in the towel on the fight against them? :meh:

If you've never heard of a dongle before, in this context we're referring to a small hardware device that you would have to buy from an online shop which would plug into the PlayStation 4's USB port (or somewhere similar) and allow you to run commercial PS4 game backups and homebrew (unsigned code) in theory.

Soooo.. what do YOU think, voice your opinion by VOTING in the Would You Buy / Support a For-Profit PS4 Dongle or Not? poll and in the comments below!
Poll Would You Be Interested in a For-Profit PS4 Dongle or Not.jpg

Comments

What kind of example is that? try again...
Try google look....

http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1176645
Most ppl are fed lies and where do they come from you sure the ppl your getting info from is nothing other then cobra?
Details speak well

Most ppl in here realy on devs but what happened to actualy learning anything for our selves?
You can tell a system type just by watching system reactions responses and so forth

Yeah, i will buy one.. okay maybe they rip off other people source code and compile it, but it is effort none the less.. And they are quick to release.. Speed and momentum are essential here.. Heck just take a look at mi##osoft and their shady past with mac.. And for a reasonable price, i will pay for that effort..

Most ppl are fed lies and where do they come from you sure the ppl your getting info from is nothing other then cobra?
Yeah, i will buy one.. okay maybe they rip off other people source code and compile it, but it is effort none the less.. And they are quick to release.. Speed and momentum are essential here.. Heck just take a look at mi##osoft and their shady past with mac.. And for a reasonable price, i will pay for that effort..

One of us has a mac that we use with parallel n use for remote and access. the rest of us use other stuff and you realy think that cobra does this speedy? realy? look at there ode as a good example and how much it was updated and how speedy it was.
Wod rather put the money on hw then a dongle that dont run native

In my country, cobra dongle is the first jb method exist for ps3.. What im refering about speed here is not their update or after sales services, but they are the first (once again in my country) to provide a working jb..
Microsoft beats mac because unlike mac they launch their os faster (although they both imitate it from xerox) and we still buy windows.,
My point is, if the first working jb is out (a big if) it is natural, for people to show appreciation (profit) for that first team that release a working jb wether it is some unknown dev or cobra.

do we even have some kind of confirmation or are we just discussing air ?
You are discussing air dig head out of arse.
Sure there are other devs out there doing things but look at the releases 90% have cobra written all over them if you can read source code
In my country, cobra dongle is the first jb method exist for ps3.. What im refering about speed here is not their update or after sales services, but they are the first (once again in my country) to provide a working jb..
Microsoft beats mac because unlike mac they launch their os faster (although they both imitate it from xerox) and we still buy windows.,
My point is, if the first working jb is out (a big if) it is natural, for people to show appreciation (profit) for that first team that release a working jb wether it is some unknown dev or cobra.
Mac osx is a NIX system for one unlike windows7 made from the old redhat project

do we even have some kind of confirmation or are we just discussing air ?
does it matter who is confirmed to put out the dongle.
hell look at ps3xport. for injecting games....
garbage. sometimes spending time with a system at boot does more than you know.
using the hw actually teaches one something but i guess thats just out of the question here. (insert_sarcasm_here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back