Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 8, 2016 at 7:14 AM       76      

Would You Buy / Support a For-Profit PS4 Dongle or Not?

• Yes - as long as the cost is under $60 and it runs backups + homebrew

• Yes - as long as the cost is under $100 and it runs backups + homebrew

• Maybe - I'm undecided until one is actually available to research further

• No - I won't pay for anything I don't need, a free solution will come in time

• No - Re-DRM dongles steal from public developers and GITs work for profit

Results are only viewable after voting. You must Log in or Register to vote on the poll.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're in the United States, today (Tuesday, November 8th) is the US Presidential Election 2016 where either Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton or Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will become the next President of the United States. :eyesroll:

Not following politics much myself, I can't help but think of this video fitting perfectly for this year's Presidential candidates:

Anyhoo, it got me thinking that with all the voting going on today combined with the PS4 4.01 Jailbreak from ChaitinTech and both the EPEEN and TRSi scene group PS4 NFO updates it's the perfect day to run a poll here and see what everyone thinks of a for-profit PlayStation 4 dongle.

Since the PlayStation 3 Re-DRM TrueBlue dongle days many sceners including myself and @GregoryRasputin most memorably have been fairly vocal on being against DRM-infected dongles and those who peddle them, and now whispers from various dongle camps leave me wondering whether the crusade should continue with PS4 dongles or should we throw in the towel on the fight against them? :meh:

If you've never heard of a dongle before, in this context we're referring to a small hardware device that you would have to buy from an online shop which would plug into the PlayStation 4's USB port (or somewhere similar) and allow you to run commercial PS4 game backups and homebrew (unsigned code) in theory.

Soooo.. what do YOU think, voice your opinion by VOTING in the Would You Buy / Support a For-Profit PS4 Dongle or Not? poll and in the comments below!
Poll Would You Be Interested in a For-Profit PS4 Dongle or Not.jpg

Comments

Rich MAN: 60$ >> shop >> GTA V DISK >> PLAY!
NORMAL MAN: 60$ >> shop >> usb dongle >> Sony+ Ubisoft + Square Enix + EA + Warner Bros + Konami + Sega + Bandai Namco + Activision and More...LOL
#YEMEN_LOVERS

Dumb MAN: 60$ >> shop >> usb dongle >> Sony+ Ubisoft + Square Enix + EA + Warner Bros + Konami + Sega + Bandai Namco + Activision and More
Smart Man: Free >> No Shop >> CFW/HEN Sony+ Ubisoft + Square Enix + EA + Warner Bros + Konami + Sega + Bandai Namco + Activision and More

I also love and support Yemen, may Yemen prosper and defeat the American backed attackers.

Dumb MAN: 60$ >> shop >> usb dongle >> Sony+ Ubisoft + Square Enix + EA + Warner Bros + Konami + Sega + Bandai Namco + Activision and More
Smart Man: Free >> No Shop >> CFW/HEN Sony+ Ubisoft + Square Enix + EA + Warner Bros + Konami + Sega + Bandai Namco + Activision and More

I also love and support Yemen, may Yemen prosper and defeat the American backed attackers.
thank you so much bro i really appreciate that

I like it better this way
Normal man: dongle (pay) / dev (donate) >> shop/no shop>> all / maybe just my game on my hdd without using a freakin bd all the time cause last time my friend broke my uc 4 bd >> win

@PSXHAX ,@GregoryRasputin hey fellas can you please help me ? what is Dongle exactly ? and is it good and also what is game backup and should we pay for game backups too after buying a dongle ? also can we go online with this crap ?

and also can you explain me this dongles can be available on latest OFW ? ( I Mean next versions on future ) 4.15 , 4.5 , 5.0 and etc simply they have updates
please answer all question i have no knowledge on PS 4 Hacking and jb. hlp me.

#Free_Yemen
#Down_With_KSA

@PSXHAX ,@GregoryRasputin hey fellas can you please help me ? what is Dongle exactly ? and is it good and also what is game backup and should we pay for game backups too after buying a dongle ? also can we go online with this crap ?

and also can you explain me this dongles can be available on latest OFW ? ( I Mean next versions on future ) 4.15 , 4.5 , 5.0 and etc simply they have updates
please answer all question i have no knowledge on PS 4 Hacking and jb. hlp me.

#Free_Yemen
#Down_With_KSA
Have you read title of this discussion ?

I dont belive that dongles will create an open source system. If anything else they will just be an easy way for groups to make easy money out of other devs hard work. I dont support their use even if they are easier to use than real jbreak methods.

However its the devs responsibility to make sure that their work can be used easily and without any risks involved for the general user base thus breaking the basic principle those dongles are created on, convenience.

Have you read title of this discussion ?
yep and also Voted: Yes - as long as the cost is under $60 and it runs backups + homebrew
my english isn't very well i can't understand some words but there is my question i placed before , simply i just looking for some answers nothing else. as i said i have no knowledge on this dongles or anything sh1t else

The response to your question:
OIgvfnj.gif

1.) It is no longer .it, now it is .xyz, NEVER get a .it domain :/
2.) You already know my stance on reDRM dongles, if my stance is not known by most people in the scenes, then there is something wrong with them.
3.) A collection of images i made during the True Blue time:
sayno-2.png

oYFJy.jpg

79gRU.png

Sd1cZ.jpg

lmao...good 1 (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back