PS4 News       Thread starter bombob       1861       3

bombob

Lets work it out
Contributor
Verified
Today I made an interesting experiment. I was donated a ps4 slim (CUH-2015A) which wasn't powering up (No power). Upon testing I found out that the power supply was dead (roaches killed it).

Since I had made a lot of cleaning on both the psu and the motherboard itself (had to exterminate lots of roaches from it) I wasnt sure that the unit was still able to function.

I dont have a compatible psu to test but I have my phat ps4 on 4.07 in a box, so I took the phat psu wired it to the slim and it booted up :bananaman15:!!! So now I know its safe to buy a replacement psu for the slim.

4 pin connectors are identical. I only had to wire the 12v rail

tldr:replaced ADP-160CR with ADP-240CR to power a slim (for testing)

:bananaman6:

bombob

Lets work it out
Contributor
Verified
Yes I was viewing this thread while trying to figure out the pinouts. But I ended up taking the good phat psu apart to make sure

Recent Articles
Stickman Zombie Attack PS4 Homebrew Game PKG by Med33
After a lot of work, I'm announcing Stickman Zombie Attack homebrew game PKG made with Unity for the PS4. 🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️ Thanks to all the beta testers @jwooh, @DEFAULTDNB and @FFTHEWINNER they helped...
Free-to-Play Action RPG Dauntless Slashes Onto PS4 Tomorrow
Reminiscent of Fortnite, the Behemoth-slaying co-op action RPG Dauntless slashes onto PS4 tomorrow, is free-to-play and offers exclusive cosmetic gear for PS Plus members. 😀 Here's more on...
PS4Modding.net: PS4 Cheats and Modding Platform Trainers with Tools
Since the release of PS4 Reaper (debugger and trainer maker) the goal was to gather modders and gamers around one passion. Today we've come along way: 3 Universal Trainers (PC, Android, iOS)...
Orbis MSX Super Laydock: Mission Striker PS4 Homebrew PKG
Proceeding the MSXORBIS MSX Core from BigBoss and recent Resident Evil CODE: Vita PS4 homebrew game in development by @Markus95, this weekend @oneman123 shared on Twitter a shoot 'em up Orbis MSX...