Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Microsoft       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jun 10, 2019 at 12:53 PM       5      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding their Xbox One X, for E3 2019 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) which runs from June 11-13th at the Los Angeles Convention Center in California Microsoft's announcements from VP of Gaming Phil Spencer included Project xCloud, their next-generation console codenamed Project Scarlett and launch title Halo Infinite slated for a holiday 2020 release. 🎮

According to reports, stream platform Project xCloud allows direct game streaming for free from an Xbox One console and will begin previewing in October 2019, while Project Scarlett is confirmed to include support for physical optical game discs alongside digital distribution and backwards compatibility for the previous generations of Xbox console games.

Check out the official announcement trailer videos below, and here are some specs on their Project Scarlett next-gen console thus far:
  • AMD's 'Zen 2' CPU architecture
  • Radeon 'RDNA' graphics architecture
  • Custom-designed solid state drive
  • GDDR6 SDRAM
  • Support for real-time ray-tracing
  • Up to 120 frames per second rendering
  • 8K resolution
  • Four times as powerful as Xbox One X
  • Support for 'four generations' of content
Is anyone here planning to jump onboard with Microsoft's next-gen Xbox console? Let us know in the comments below! :)

Xbox E3 Briefing 2019
Xbox Project Scarlett - E3 2019 - Reveal Trailer
Halo Infinite - E3 2019 - Discover Hope
Project xCloud, Project Scarlett and Halo Infinite Announced at E3 2019.jpg

Comments

I am glad that includes support for physical games, as this was a point that i was worried about after the release of the Xbox One SAD (what a fitting name lol). however, as someone who REALLY loved the Xbox 360, Microsoft's performance this gen really disappointed me, so i will certainly not buy one until either it has many "must have" (for me) exclusives or it gets hacked like the 360. hopefully both happen.

Also, i was EXTREMELY disappointed that MS didnt announce Fable 4. After all the rumors and hype. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back