Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS Vita News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Aug 21, 2016 at 10:54 PM       0      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PS Vita PKG Installer 2.0 and rumored PS Vita game decryption, PlayStation Vita developer [PLAIN]xXDarkCodeXx[/PLAIN] shared a Package Installer guide on Firmware 3.60 for those interested! (y)

To quote: The title says everything: we managed to get official pkg installer on a CEX vita. Not in IDU mode, so there is no risk to update or brick! Now I'm not a genius, everyone could do that. No one did, so I'm here to guide you.

First thing: credits

First I want to say "THANK YOU" to some people:
  • Silica - For giving me some infos and Ideas AND testing
  • PixelButts and The Dark Lord - for files (Dark Lord's files has been deleted)
  • Bajunan - For ideas
  • Team molecule - for HENkaku
  • TheFlow - for VitaShell
  • major_tom - for VitaRW
Explanation

As you know since 3.36 we canno longer open PKG Installer, as sony patched it, but the app is still there. Why? I think that PSVita still uses that for installing PKGs, in silent mode or something like that. Silica found that it is called FAKE package installer. So we thought that there would be a REAL pkg installer. Well, kind of. On DEX vitas the PKG installer is bigger than the CEX one, and the DEX one actually works! So we replaced the CEX pkg installer with the DEX one, and it works!

How to get it
  • Well, you need VitaRW (You can find it on internet) and HENkaku with vitashell. Then you need this file.
  • First open vitarw and when you read 0x000000 close it.
  • Open vitashell and press select. Connect via FTP to your vita from a pc. Browse to vs0:app and backup NPXS10031.
  • Then transfer NPXS10031(the downloaded file) to your app folder. If you already got the PKG Installer bubble you can already open and enjoy it.
GUIDE WRITTEN IN A RUSH, TOMORROW I'LL CLEAN IT UP. DON'T TOUCH FILES IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!!!!!! :alert:

How to get it (Revised)
  • Well, you need VitaRW (You can find it on internet) and HENkaku with vitashell. Then you need this file.
  • And any FTP manager on your computer.
  • Visit go.henkaku.xyz or use offline installer.
  • Then open VitaRW and when you read 0x000000 close it.
  • Open VitaShell and press select to open a FTP server. Connect via FTP to your vita from your pc.
  • Browse to "vs0:app" and backup NPXS10031. Extract the file that you have downloaded and copy the extracted folder in your "/app" folder.
  • If you already got the PKG Installer bubble you can already open and enjoy it, else follow this guide or use this site.
DON'T TOUCH FILES IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, IT COULD BRICK YOUR VITA!!!!!!!!

Thanks to @GritNGrind for the news tip in the PSXHAX Shoutbox!
PSVita Package Installer Guide.jpg

Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back