Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS Vita News       Thread starter misiozol       Start date Feb 1, 2016 at 2:39 PM       5      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year a PS Vita Prototype demonstration video surfaced and disappeared, and now it has since resurfaced on YouTube from AssemblerGames.com with pictures below.

From the video's caption: Thanks to my friend for the video of this rare machine. It uses full size SD cards instead the expensive and intentionally proprietary Sony memory cards that helped doom this system.

Many great features were removed because they wanted to limit the consumer to their proprietary accessories.

From Wololo.net comes some additional details below, to quote:

psvita_prototype.jpg

psvita_prototype_psp_go.jpg

The Video also shows that the PS Vite prototype uses SD Card instead of Sony’s proprietary memory cards. Sony coming up with yet another proprietary format for the PS Vita, which wasn't compatible with their former Memory Stick format, contributed to the poor sales of the PS Vita in my opinion.

At this point it almost looks like the retail Vita is a crippled version, compared to the prototype.

psvita_prototype_sdcard.jpg

There's also a bunch of pretty cool leds on the prototype, probably used to debug the booting and power sequence. Yes, the blue/orange led we have today is probably cooler and more “end user” friendly, but I love how all the test leds light like a Christmas tree during the power sequence.

psvita_prototype_power.jpg

From the software perspective, no surprise here, the video shows the infamous “package installer” (which we revealed on wololo.net several years ago), and the fact that the console is running an early firmware revision, version 0.990.

psvita_prototype_package_installer.jpg

psvita_prototype_system.jpg

Last but not least, the video shows that the PS Vita prototype has an HDMI output built in, a feature that probably contributed to many rumors about the PS Vita’s “mystery port”.

psvita_prototype_hdmi.jpg

Comments

All things said , I would not mind being a CEO of Big $ , they have really cool toys and nearly unlimited funds , makes me wonder how many skeletons they have hidden in their warehouses :)

Until this Vita gets banned from PSN, it seems it is worth the $$$. Updating the firmware would ban the console as it could detect modified memory which is against the ToS as it would allow backups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back