Category PS Vita CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 1, 2016 at 4:41 PM       16,510       41            
Today must be PlayStation Vita news day here, as PS Vita developer The Flow announced the release of PS VitaShell 0.5 with source code and details below.

Download: VitaShell.velf / BitBucket Repo / GIT

VitaShell is an alternative replacement of the PS Vita's LiveArea. It offers you a file browser, homebrew launcher, built-in FTP, network host feature and much more!

In order to run / compile VitaShell you need
Credits
Changelog 0.5
  • Increased homebrew force-exit compatbility and stability.
  • Added network host mountpoint.
  • Added ability to compile shader programs (use the _v.cg suffix for vertexes and _f.cg for fragments).
  • Finished photo viewer. Use the right analog stick to zoom in/out. Left analog stick to move. L/R to rotate and X/O to change display mode.
  • Updated to newest vita2dlib which fixed many bugs with images.
  • Improved 'New folder' by extending to 'New folder (X)', where 'X' is an increasing number.
  • Improved message dialog texts.
  • Limited filenames so it doesn't overlap with the size/folder text.
  • Fixed infinite loop when copying the src to its subfolder by an error result.
  • Fixed FTP client crashes and added support for Turboclient Android.
  • Fixed alphabetical sorting, finally.
CaJ1CNOWIAIVtlt.jpg

Comments

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Contributor
Verified
VitaShell v1.79

Assets
Changelog 1.79
  • Added ability to open .psarc files.
  • Added support for multi volume rar archives.
  • Added support for password encrypted zip archives.
  • Added support for file property in archives, now it can show size and contains.
  • Added natural sorting for filenames.
  • Fixed bug where size of files in archives over 2GB where shown as 16EB.
  • Fixed refresh license DB when ran from ur0:.

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Contributor
Verified
VitaShell v1.82

Assets
Changelog 1.82
  • Added support for firmware 3.65/3.67.
:arrow: VitaShell v1.83

Assets
Install this new vpk by opening it as zip and copy eboot.bin to ux0:app/VITASHELL/eboot.bin if using VitaShell. If using molecularShell, you have to delete ux0:patch/VITASHELL first, then you can install the vpk. This must be done manually because the automatic update method has been changed.

Changelog 1.83
  • Fixed automatic network update by using rawgit. This was needed because github removed support for TLS 1.0/1.1.
  • Removed changelog support, because the files at ux0:patch must now be pfs encrypted.

babyjoe00069

Contributor
You know Im not sure what happened but when I installed vitashell 1.83 it installed fine, then I opened it it asked if I wanted to update. I said yes, then during the process of updating. I got a message saying this vita has been temporarily blocked because unauthorized software was found on this device. I have never had that happen before ever. Was it an April fools joke??

babyjoe00069

Contributor
NOBODY ELSE?? And dangitt @PSXHAX I was so freaked out It updated then went black and gave me that msg. Everything else worked but I was scared to try my other pstv or anything else for that matter. HOLY COW.

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Contributor
Verified
Some more updates...

:arrow: VitaShell v1.91

Assets
Changelog 1.91
  • Added ability to create new files, thanks to abertschi.
  • Added ability to skip last dir by holding L on startup.
  • Added support for firmware 3.68.
:arrow: VitaShell v1.92

Assets
Changelog 1.92
  • Added ability to mount gamesd ux0:
  • Fixed bug where the VitaShell kernel module was loaded but not started, thus it'd run out of memory after some launches.

:arrow: VitaShell v1.93
Changelog 1.93
  • Added xmc0: to partition list and added ability to mount xmc0:.
  • Fixed ux0: mounting bug where it wasn't detected that the gamesd has already been mounted.
:arrow: VitaShell v1.94
Changelog 1.94
  • Added ability to umount all partitions that you can mount.
  • Fixed crash when using StorageMgr.

Recent Articles
GetEventHandlerNames Python Script for PS4 Scene Developers
Following his GhidraOrbisTools PS4 Loader and IDA Script Ports developer @KIWIDOGGIE (aka diwidog on Twitter) recently added a GetEventHandlerNames Python Script (GetEventHandlerNames.py) by...
Lode Runner Legacy by Tozai Games Joins New PS4 Releases Next Week
Ahh, another great classic is coming to PlayStation 4 next week on January 29th... the action puzzle masterpiece Lode Runner Legacy by Tozai Games complete with a local multiplayer mode is among...
PS5 Game Invite System Reworked Rumors Surface via Sony Patent
According to rumors based on a recent patent from Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) uncovered at the USPTO, the upcoming PlayStation 5 next-gen console may feature a reworked game invite system...
LibOrbisNfs: LibOrbis PS4 Homebrew Userland Library LibNfs Port
Proceeding his OrbisGlPerf: OpenGL ES 2.0 Perf Sample, this weekend PlayStation 4 developer BigBoss made available on Github via Twitter a LibOrbis PS4 Homebrew Userland Library LibNfs PS4 Port...