Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today must be PlayStation Vita news day here, as PS Vita developer The Flow announced the release of PS VitaShell with source code and details below.

Download: VitaShell.vpk (Latest Version) / GIT

Spoiler: Depreciated

VitaShell is an alternative replacement of the PS Vita's LiveArea. It offers you a file browser, homebrew launcher, built-in FTP, network host feature and much more!

In order to run / compile VitaShell you need
Credits
  • yifanlu for Rejuvenate
  • xerpi for ftpvitalib and vita2dlib
  • psxdev (bigboss) for debugnet, psp2link and psp2client
  • frangarcj and xyz for vita shader (vitahelloshader / vita-shaders)
  • wololo for the Revitalize contest
  • Everybody who contributed on vitasdk
Changelog 0.5
  • Increased homebrew force-exit compatbility and stability.
  • Added network host mountpoint.
  • Added ability to compile shader programs (use the _v.cg suffix for vertexes and _f.cg for fragments).
  • Finished photo viewer. Use the right analog stick to zoom in/out. Left analog stick to move. L/R to rotate and X/O to change display mode.
  • Updated to newest vita2dlib which fixed many bugs with images.
  • Improved 'New folder' by extending to 'New folder (X)', where 'X' is an increasing number.
  • Improved message dialog texts.
  • Limited filenames so it doesn't overlap with the size/folder text.
  • Fixed infinite loop when copying the src to its subfolder by an error result.
  • Fixed FTP client crashes and added support for Turboclient Android.
  • Fixed alphabetical sorting, finally.
CaJ1CNOWIAIVtlt.jpg

Comments

VitaShell v1.79

Assets
Changelog 1.79
  • Added ability to open .psarc files.
  • Added support for multi volume rar archives.
  • Added support for password encrypted zip archives.
  • Added support for file property in archives, now it can show size and contains.
  • Added natural sorting for filenames.
  • Fixed bug where size of files in archives over 2GB where shown as 16EB.
  • Fixed refresh license DB when ran from ur0:.

VitaShell v1.82

Assets
Changelog 1.82
  • Added support for firmware 3.65/3.67.
:arrow: VitaShell v1.83

Assets
Install this new vpk by opening it as zip and copy eboot.bin to ux0:app/VITASHELL/eboot.bin if using VitaShell. If using molecularShell, you have to delete ux0:patch/VITASHELL first, then you can install the vpk. This must be done manually because the automatic update method has been changed.

Changelog 1.83
  • Fixed automatic network update by using rawgit. This was needed because github removed support for TLS 1.0/1.1.
  • Removed changelog support, because the files at ux0:patch must now be pfs encrypted.

You know Im not sure what happened but when I installed vitashell 1.83 it installed fine, then I opened it it asked if I wanted to update. I said yes, then during the process of updating. I got a message saying this vita has been temporarily blocked because unauthorized software was found on this device. I have never had that happen before ever. Was it an April fools joke??

NOBODY ELSE?? And dangitt @PSXHAX I was so freaked out It updated then went black and gave me that msg. Everything else worked but I was scared to try my other pstv or anything else for that matter. HOLY COW.

Some more updates...

:arrow: VitaShell v1.91

Assets
Changelog 1.91
  • Added ability to create new files, thanks to abertschi.
  • Added ability to skip last dir by holding L on startup.
  • Added support for firmware 3.68.
:arrow: VitaShell v1.92

Assets
Changelog 1.92
  • Added ability to mount gamesd ux0:
  • Fixed bug where the VitaShell kernel module was loaded but not started, thus it'd run out of memory after some launches.

:arrow: VitaShell v1.93
Changelog 1.93
  • Added xmc0: to partition list and added ability to mount xmc0:.
  • Fixed ux0: mounting bug where it wasn't detected that the gamesd has already been mounted.
:arrow: VitaShell v1.94
Changelog 1.94
  • Added ability to umount all partitions that you can mount.
  • Fixed crash when using StorageMgr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back