Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter Tasos       9      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasos

Contributor
So i recently download tony hawk american wasteland to play on my ps3 but the polygons are messed up so i checked the ps2 compatability list and i saw that the tony hawk series have a config to get it work

My problem is that i have no idea how to setup a config file in order to get it work any help is appreciated, my cfw is cobra ferrox 7.55 4.82

Hmm.. I haven't seen any posts on this recently, does it say anything on the compatibility list about configuration files?

If not, do you have a link to the page as maybe that will lend a clue where else on that site we can check, etc. ;-)

I've never messed with these before, from the second link I see the following though: Game CONFIG

Some of the PS2 emulator types (such ps2_gxemu.self, ps2netemu.self) are able to load config commands that are applyed "by game ID". The concept of "game patches" is not technically correct because some of the commands does patching functions but others does other things (not patching), and other commands works as switches or sets a value that are enviromental settings for the emulator (not for the game) but because are applyed "by game" should be considered enviromental settings for that specific game, so for simplification purposes you can think in all this data as "game configs"

This "game config" data seems to work in the same way for all the PS2 emulator types but can be located in different places, some are hardcoded inside the emulators itself (inside the .self), and at the time the "PS2 classics" emulator (ps2_netemu.self) was developed this config can be loaded from an external file

In short, the "game configs" can modify the game image (by patching it) and can be used to configure the virtual PS2 (the emulated machine). And can be loaded from hardcoded data (inside the .self) or from an external file (this feature is supported only by ps2_netemu.self)

Scrolling down more I saw:

ID Title Config Data Revision Notes
ALL Tony Hawk's series 00000000 3D 00 00 00 89 3D 00 00 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 =....=.......... 00000010 FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 80 00 00 40 53 00 00 00 80 ..........@S.... 00000020 FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 80 00 00 40 D3 14 00 00 00 ..........@Ó.... 00000030 00 00 00 00 .... 15753 (3.73+) fixes Graphic issues with Spiky Polygons
After some more searching I ran across THIS page, which led me to the following file I think is what you may need (assuming you're looking for the USA (SLUS 21208) version:

Download: TONYHAWKSAMERICAWASTELAND.SLUS_21208.CONFIG

Hopefully you can take it from here, or maybe someone more familiar with these PS2 games on PS3 .config files will jump in. Good luck! ;)

Hey, I'm new here, but hopefully I can shed a little light on the subject.

Thanks for posting that .config file collection, those will definitely come in handy. Not sure how complete it is though.

I've messed around with a good deal of these in the past few weeks playing PS2 games on PS3, and as it turns out, creating a .config file isn't that difficult, assuming you have the codes given to you found at the psdevwiki linked earlier in this thread.

Though I'm sure the resource you posted will end up saving people a lot of time (I know it will for me), for future reference in case anyone runs into a .config file they can't find and have to write their own, it goes like this.
  1. Download and install a hex editor such as HXD, open it, and create a new file.
  2. Copy the data on the psdevwiki .config example chart that lies between "00000000" and "=" next to the game you want to create a .config file for, and paste it into the hex editor. Do the same for each of the lines of data (i.e. 00000010) and copy and paste that data into the corresponding line in the hex editor. If you have to create a new line of data, do so by selecting Edit and then selecting Insert Bytes. Inserting 10 bytes will insert 1 entire line of data. Do this for every line you need, as indicated by the data found on the wiki.

For example, if you're looking at a config file that consists of 3 lines, such as:

Then you'll need to insert 30 bytes to fill those 3 lines that you can then replace with the codes you need.

3. Once you have all the lines you need and have everything copy and pasted to them, save the file with a name matching the game's name, with file extension ".ISO.CONFIG". For example, if your game ISO is TonyHawksAmericanWasteland.ISO, name the file TonyHawksAmericanWasteland.ISO.CONFIG. Pay attention to capitalization and whether or not the ISO extension on your game is capitalized or not. The .config file name has to match exactly.
  4. Copy the .config file into the same directory as your ISO (i.e. /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/).
The whole process is a little more involved if you're running older firmwares that don't require Cobra. I personally don't have experience with that, but hopefully this can help a few people out, if they're confused about .config files for PS2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back