Liu Woon Yung
FMCB has been updated to FMCB installer v0.97 (FMCB v1.95), maybe some one will try it
It is a tool only to run homebrew for the PS2 without Chip !!! But there is also a Homebrew called ESR to run PS2 games
This is an Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB) installer. It was previously known as the "Unofficial FMCB v1.8C" installer.
No part of it was directly re-used from FMCB v1.7 itself, but parts of it were based or referenced from the code of FMCB v1.7.
The files in the fmcb-install folder are from Jimmikaelkael's PS3MCA project. Of course, I didn't include the questionable files which Sony claimed as a breach of their copyright.
Since FMCB v1.9 was born, the FMCB installer has been used for installing both versions of FMCB (v1.8C and v1.9x).
How to use this
Download the archive linked to in the downloads section
Extract the contents into one of these places:
A USB device
A Memory Card (Not the memory card that FMCB will be installed to)
Launch the installer with your Playstation 2 console
Option name - Description
Install - Performs a normal installation of FMCB
Multi-Install - Performs a "multi" installation of FMCB. A multi-installation can boot on all consoles of any region, and not only on the console it was installed with.
Uninstall FMCB - Removes a normal installation of FMCB from a memory card.
Uninstall MI - Uninstalls a multi-installation, turning it back into a normal FMCB installation.
Format MC - Formats a Memory Card.
Dump MC - Dumps a Memory Card to an image installer's directory.
Restore MC - Restores a Memory Card from an image located in the installer's directory.
Shutdown - Switches off the Playstation 2 console.
Exit - Exits the installer and returns back to the OSDSYS menu.
As of 2014/06/29, FMCB v1.8C will no longer be circulated from here as the FMCB v1.9 appears to have achieved proven stability.
Changelog for FMCB
Changelog for v1.95:
Changelog for the installer
- Fixed alpha blending for the hacked OSD.
- The FMCB version number can now be accessed through the %VER% variable in FREEMCB.CNF, for the top and bottom delimiters.
- Updated for use with the latest PS2SDK.
- Updated to build with the new PS2SDK, for stability. This includes the use of the new USB modules.
- Changed all KELF/KIRX files to type 01 (Update files), for compatibility with Debugstation consoles.
- Changed PSX updater module to be loaded from a memory card instead.
- DVD video disc sector reading is now enabled by loading a dummy DVD player-flagged KIRX from a memory card.
- Cleaned up sources and corrected (non-critical, disassembly-related) mistakes in the v1.00 and v1.01 kernel patches.
- Added FSCK tool for FHDB.
- Removed HDD support for the PSX, allowing FMCB to boot on a PSX that has lost its HDD unit.
Changelog for v0.97:
2016/01/10 re-release:Re-compiled to fix broken strings table, large files can now be copied properly to the HDD unit (copied in blocks) and fixed size computation of the unused areas of the HDD unit by making it compliant with the homebrew APA driver.
- Updated to be compilable with the latest PS2SDK revision.
- Compiled with the latest PS2SDK revision for stability.
- Updated to support FMCB v1.95.
- Enlarged output buffers for S-commands within SECRMAN to 16-bytes, as CDVDMAN can assume that these output buffers are 16-bytes long.
- Added support for DEX units.
- Revamped the GUI.
- HDD unit will only be shut off if HDD support is disabled.
- Changed fonts to the Google Noto fonts.
- Added warning messages for users of unsupported consoles (ROM v2.30) and for users with HDDs that need maintenance/replacement (for FHDB).
I think that I've fixed all of them by this release.
I've spent slightly over a hundred hours working on this, and I hope that it works well.... but of course, anything could go wrong - so I have provided a memory card dumping and restoration facility within the installer.
A dump of a memory card in slot 1 will get saved as mc0.bin, and a dump of a card in slot 1 will get saved as mc1.bin.
The file will be saved to the directory where the main executable of this installer resides in.
Caution! You can only make one dump of a card from each port. Making additional dumps will overwrite the previous dump.
During development, I have sent 2 out of 3 of my cards to their graves and damaged the filesystems of all of them too. Thank goodness for the dumps that I made at the beginning of this project!
(I seriously don't know what's wrong with those damaged cards... they were hardly used and now they cannot be detected at all).
Supported installation media:
Warnings against potential pitfalls
- USB devices
- The CD/DVD drive (Assuming that your console has a modchip or you are using a program like ESR)
- Memory card.
!!! WARNING !!! If you make a multi-install, do not delete any of the B*EXEC-SYSTEM folders or any of the OSD*.elf files inside them!
Doing so might result in SEVERE data loss. Do not delete uninstall.dat from the SYS-CONF folder either, or you will probably be stuck with the multi-install files forever.
Lastly, read the included README file for more details.
Notes regarding the sources
The sources have been released. Check out the downloads section below.
Within the sources, I have created:
Hopefully, they will be useful for the homebrew community after their release.
- SECRMAN, a clone of the Sony Security Manager (SECRMAN) module that has card-binding functions (SecrDownload*).
- SECRSIF, a clone of the Sony Security Manager SIF RPC server.
- MCTOOLS, a RPC server module that provided misceallenous functions for the memory cards like dumping and restoration, and filesystem manipulation.
- UDNL, the Updater module. Used for updating the IOP with newer modules (Which is only SECRMAN for this installer).
For more information on supported languages and how support for languages can be completed, click here. A template for translating this software is provided in the downloads section of this page.
Supported languages and their translation status Language - Status
Japanese* - Unassigned
English - Completed and built-in.
French* - Translated by ShaolinAssassin.
Spanish* - Translated by ElPatas. Original translation by pool7.
German* - Translated by Delta_force.
Italian* - Translated by master991.
Dutch* - Translated by port187.
Portuguese* - Translated by gledson999.
* Not updated for v0.97 (2016/01/09) and later.
FMCB installer v0.97 (FMCB v1.95 2016/01/10): http://www.mediafire.com/download/ssotc4oc9qall5o
FMCB Installer v0.97 (Source code 2016/01/10): http://www.mediafire.com/download/krf1b52ifggyyy5
FSCK for FMCB v1.95 (Source code 2016/01/09): http://www.mediafire.com/download/cs33zn8ibvd977d
Translation template for v0.97 (2016/01/09) and beyond: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4v01rr6ngytezr9
Translation template for FSCK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5da8cbydyggy8cc/FSCK-translation-template.7z
The original post where I posted about this project (installer): http://psx-scene.com/forums/f153/unofficial-fmcb-v1-8c-installer-96372/
FMCB v1.9 series release and discussion thread: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f153/fmcb-v1-9-series-release-thread-116247/
Note: The source code for the FMCB installer gets updated with the FMCB releases as well, as it contains the FMCB binaries. The installer itself might not receive updates in every release.
If anyone wishes to link to the file(s), please just link to the home page. If the link(s) go down, I'll try to re-upload the resource(s) somewhere else.