Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 News       Thread starter XxZer0ModZxX       Start date Jan 19, 2016 at 10:27 PM       18      
Status
Not open for further replies.
This got announced at the beginning of January and since the updates came alive today i was thinking to post it. :)

So far we know from sources it has nothing big to do within the PS3 scene as we can see its only a small update for Facebook support on it.

Still Devs aren't sure if any future exploit got patched on the CPU but we're about to find out soon!

People who read this and has more info about.. feel free to comment and will give this an update! ;)

PS3 Downloads: PS3 Firmware 4.78 (EU) Update / PS3 Firmware 4.78 (US) Update / PS3 Firmware 4.78 (AU/NZ) Update / PS3 Firmware 4.78 (JP) Update

PS Vita Downloads: PS Vita Firmware 3.57 (EU) Update / PS Vita Firmware 3.57 (US) Update / PS Vita Firmware 3.57 (JP) Update

Main features in system software update version 3.57 / 4.78
  • Support for Facebook features on the systems has been discontinued.
All previous updates can be found at the link below!

http://psxhax.com/threads/ps3-ofw-cex-full-list-updates.59/

** I will update the OFW list to 4.78 a.s.a.p.

From Wololo on PS Vita Update 3.57, to quote: "The new Firmware 3.57 is mandatory firmware update, which is required for using Sony’s online services, such as the PSN Store and the Chat.

This new version does not only remove the Facebook support from the PlayStation Vita, but also fixes various amounts of exploits!

The first thing that has been patched is the PSPemulator kernel mode exploit, which is required to successfully use an eCFW, such as ARK or TN-V. No kxploit, no eCFW.

Another thing that seems to be fixed is the Custom Bubble Method provided by our good friends Major Tom and Mr.gas, which provided us with fully customizeable Custom Bubbles for devices running firmware 3.55 or below.

It took Sony 4 months to remove the Facebook support, improve the system stability, and fix not only one of the Custom Bubble methods, but also the PSPemulator kernel mode exploit.

Be sure to use the most recent version of QCMA – an alternative CMA for your Computer – which enables you to transfer content without being forced to update to the newest System Software."
141rqyu.jpg
Image by XxZer0ModZxX
2yowv43.png

Comments

If this is done in 2 parts sounds like its patching over Linux then the man update goes overtop to avoid any kind of emu running thro the HV

Nice update for ps3. Looks like they added some major adjustments like I suspected I also caught the extra data in the lv2 and lv1.

Gonna check my dump on the evening.
How long toke the 1st and the 2nd part for install?
The second part starts around 75%
Just to have an idea what you noticed on the update.
I don't remember how long the first or second part, how long they where but i do remember that the whole install toke about 8-10 mins.

Dislikes this :(
Extract the fw and extract lv1 lv2 have a look I caught some extra data inside I seen where they applied patching it also looks like vsh may be patched aswel I just didn't have the time to go thro all of vsh to see whats all bin done

Extract the fw and extract lv1 lv2 have a look I caught some extra data inside I seen where they applied patching it also looks like vsh may be patched aswel I just didn't have the time to go thro all of vsh to see whats all bin done
Vsh patched? What does that mean? Was there an expolt involving vsh.self? Also what does that mean for cfw users?(even though im on ofw)

No need to update for myself... I stay offline and just renewed ps+ last weekend for 3 months. So just not updating just incase there is an exploit finally for the super slim ps3

GOOD EVENING I HAVE ONE AND I HAVE ps3 CECHG04 VERSION 4.78 AND I WANT TO DO FROM 4.78 Downgrade to 3.55 AND WHAT SHOULD I DO IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ... WHY I HAVE SEEN MANY AND VARIOUS Firmwares NOT KNOW WHAT Apollo THANKS FOR YOUR HELP ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back