Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 News       Thread starter XxZer0ModZxX       Start date Jan 19, 2016 at 10:27 PM       18      
Status
Not open for further replies.
This got announced at the beginning of January and since the updates came alive today i was thinking to post it. :)

So far we know from sources it has nothing big to do within the PS3 scene as we can see its only a small update for Facebook support on it.

Still Devs aren't sure if any future exploit got patched on the CPU but we're about to find out soon!

People who read this and has more info about.. feel free to comment and will give this an update! ;)

PS3 Downloads: PS3 Firmware 4.78 (EU) Update / PS3 Firmware 4.78 (US) Update / PS3 Firmware 4.78 (AU/NZ) Update / PS3 Firmware 4.78 (JP) Update

PS Vita Downloads: PS Vita Firmware 3.57 (EU) Update / PS Vita Firmware 3.57 (US) Update / PS Vita Firmware 3.57 (JP) Update

Main features in system software update version 3.57 / 4.78
  • Support for Facebook features on the systems has been discontinued.
All previous updates can be found at the link below!

http://psxhax.com/threads/ps3-ofw-cex-full-list-updates.59/

** I will update the OFW list to 4.78 a.s.a.p.

From Wololo on PS Vita Update 3.57, to quote: "The new Firmware 3.57 is mandatory firmware update, which is required for using Sony’s online services, such as the PSN Store and the Chat.

This new version does not only remove the Facebook support from the PlayStation Vita, but also fixes various amounts of exploits!

The first thing that has been patched is the PSPemulator kernel mode exploit, which is required to successfully use an eCFW, such as ARK or TN-V. No kxploit, no eCFW.

Another thing that seems to be fixed is the Custom Bubble Method provided by our good friends Major Tom and Mr.gas, which provided us with fully customizeable Custom Bubbles for devices running firmware 3.55 or below.

It took Sony 4 months to remove the Facebook support, improve the system stability, and fix not only one of the Custom Bubble methods, but also the PSPemulator kernel mode exploit.

Be sure to use the most recent version of QCMA – an alternative CMA for your Computer – which enables you to transfer content without being forced to update to the newest System Software."
141rqyu.jpg
Image by XxZer0ModZxX
2yowv43.png

Comments

I can say I found a topic on the vita update today sent to me from a mate which patches all previous exploites.

As for the ps3 I'm not sure just yet I havnt sat down with it nor had any time to sit down with it for some time now.

THX for the news :) So need for a spoofer now...can i just activate rebug mode ? Or need the toolbox first a update ?
I can confirm Online works for DEX when switching REBUG/Retail
Not sure if they will instant ban when play a game..
I wasnt able to check the patches at security for now. (wich comes in few hours)
CEX users will have to wait for a spoof..
but i recommend a latest stable CFW instead since the ban risk got higher on spoofers.

Its taking a bit of time to install this update... Hmm i dont know about anyone else but that seems alittle fishy to me o_O

Its taking a bit of time to install this update... Hmm i dont know about anyone else but that seems alittle fishy to me o_O
Gonna check my dump on the evening.
How long toke the 1st and the 2nd part for install?
The second part starts around 75%
Just to have an idea what you noticed on the update.

Once a new cfw is released I will run some tests on it and see if what I think they may have patched. May want to watch close at the emus tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back