Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter J007S       3      
Status
Not open for further replies.

J007S

Contributor
Hi Guys,

I'm kind of getting lost trying to sort out my ps3, i think it may be a total right off, but i wanted to check with you all before it is.

I haven't hacked the PS3 in ages (or used it) but the other day I got it out and it was not saving and had trophy errors. I didn't know at the time this could be caused by a bad nand.

I decided to return it to ofw 3.55 as I thought a fresh install was needed to sort it out . Did that and of course RSOD!

I then tried install a CFW on it... RSOD!

Now this is the really dumb bit, I thought I would try updating it to 4.8 OFW as I have seen this is hackable if I needed to reverse it , installs fine, RSOD!

I am only able to get into recovery menu and any FW I try to install throws up a corrupt data error.

So have I made an expensive paper weight?

I'm not going to be soldering anything or taking it apart, I would rather get another console.

So can be fixed by software and if so ?

Any help greatly appreciated and if I get it working I'll chuck £5 via paypal to the suggestion that helped as a thank you.

Cheers

Now u need hardware flasher and soldering skills to repair it science u will not do it u can pay some one to do it 4 u ,would rather search for some one locally as depending on model they are quite heavy , and it was so simple to install CFW with RSOD bypass ;) now u kind of stuck as u have OFW on your console. Another thing is once u are on CFW u can delete all trophy from debug menu ;)

Now u need hardware flasher and soldering skills to repair it science u will not do it u can pay some one to do it 4 u ,would rather search for some one locally as depending on model they are quite heavy , and it was so simple to install CFW with RSOD bypass ;) now u kind of stuck as u have OFW on your console. Another thing is once u are on CFW u can delete all trophy from debug menu ;)
Thanks Buddy. Damn! What an idiot move I made. That is pretty much the conclusion I came to but I was still holding out hope. The only reason I'm not going to do any hardware flasher is because Ebay seems to have some PS3 models for 30-40 quid locally. One went for £3 with a bust blu-ray, that would have been awesome.

Yeah I know they go now for peanuts, ~50e u will get working slim 25xx that can be downgraded but u still need hardware flasher ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back