Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter Rusian       6      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusian

Contributor
So i have a ps3 which ylod 2 months ago. its 40gb old phat ps3. is it a good idea to repair it or give up on it ? does anybody have any experience with ylod ?

i should tell its very old and i never opened it just used the in built cleaning mechanism for cleaning

What's the model number on it? Some of the older phat models have certain things that go wrong with them. If you want to repair it properly it's going to be cheaper to just buy a new unit.

See my tutorial in the Guides/ Tutorials section for Ps3. That will give you an idea of what you will need if you want to try and fix it yourself.

GPU. More than likely one of the RAM chips on top of it actually. See my tutorial and you'll get an idea of what you're dealing with. I also have a video tutorial of removing the IHS off the top of it. Where abouts are you located in the world?

As stated before each model tends to go with different problems, 99% of the time it's the GPU causing the problems. When I repaired these I did a reball on GPU and CPU.

If you know someone with a setup to reball I would go that way, if not then you can do a reflow on it but with a reflow it may work for a week, it may work for a day, it may work for a month. With lead based solder under the GPU it will last a lot longer.

I've had a couple systems reballed by Madix, he knows his crap. He doesn't reball systems anymore, I know this as I've tried, but he will give advice to anyone that wants it. Peace peps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back