Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter SockNastez       27      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried both Ferrox and Overflow both just say no applicable update data was found. The only one that does something different is the 999 Downgrader but it errors out with the corrupted data error.

Yes of course :)
The only one that attempts to do something different is the 999 Downgrader. Is there a way to spoof one of these update files to 999 so it thinks it is getting what it wants?

Well thought I had it re-downloaded the Rogero 3.55 Downgrader It made it to about 40% on the install and then crashed and now the machine is back to a non boot state aka bricked.

I do notice in nor checker that the lowest firmware is 3.56 and I am guess its trying to downgrade back 3.55 hence the brick. The issue would be how to trick the machine to let it get past the 999 so I can patch and just go straight to 4.86 CFW but I am betting the SYSCON is hosed?

I just re-attempted to flash to NOR Back. I formatted the hdd this time it made it to 99% froze and just hung there. Unplugged the machine plugged back in and still wants 999 lol....

Last edited:
I would try to flash your stock backup file again to see if you can get it running back on stock firmware. Then use ps3xploit to jailbreak it, I have had very good luck using that on ps3 fats and slims never did one that would go only to 3.56 but it should work.

I did and it wants the stupid 999 its like its stuck in a 999 mode. But i will try again later on tonight.

So I have tried my original non modded backup firmware and this firmware will fail to boot each and every time. I will flash it and the system will turn on then turn off with no red light. Press power button and back to red light and it starts again.

However If I patch the original firmware with 4.xx patches since this is a 3.56 OFW machine it will then boot but goes back to wanting the 999 stuff. Is there a way to have a custom downgrade firmware that takes it back to 3.56 or is there a way to modify an OFW to make it update? The backup original non modded firmware is 4.81? Thanks again and sorry it took me a bit to get back to it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back