Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter misthalu       Start date Jan 28, 2017 at 4:34 PM       17      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following my recent PS4 BD-J (PS4 Blu-ray Java) Homebrew answers, today I have a preview video of a PS3 Blu-ray Disc Java (BD-J) game port of Ukko's Journey I'm currently working on demonstrating Java homebrew on the PlayStation 3.

Ukko's Journey was originally a cellphone game developed by LuBlu Entertainment in 2008-2009. (See www.ukkosjourney.com).

In 2017 LuBlu Entertainment is porting the game to BD-J purely as a proof-of-concept project, demonstrating that homebrew for the PS3 + PS4 + Xbox One is possible with Java.

Once this project is complete, the game should run on all 3 consoles - from the same disc!

Here is a preview video showing the game running on a PS3.

PS3 Blu-ray Disc Java (BD-J) Game Ukko's Journey Preview Video.jpg

Comments

Ukko's Journey is in betatest now.

There has been a successful test running it from harddisk on a CFW PS3 from webMAN by masterzorag!!! This is awesome news!

Anyone else with a jailbroken PS3 running webMAN or multiMAN feeling like testing? Send me a PM.

Ukko's Journey is in betatest now.

There has been a successful test running it from harddisk on a CFW PS3 from webMAN by masterzorag!!! This is awesome news!

Anyone else with a jailbroken PS3 running webMAN or multiMAN feeling like testing? Send me a PM.
i said i knew it was possible but there no point has CFW can already get free games and homebrew

You said to give up trying. But it worked.

Its good testing ground when it doesnt need a disc. But can be put to disc if for ps4 purposes

i said i knew it was possible but there no point has CFW can already get free games and homebrew
You did say that, but you also said it would require way too much work and wouldn't be worth it. Meanwhile, an hour or two later it worked fine.

It's too early to celebrate though. Need to hear back from more testers. Would be nice if you would test again with this ISO. I'm thinking/hoping maybe the issue you experienced only applies to the Funky Fresh ISO.

Yes, CFW can already run homebrew - but this is different. The existing homebrew ONLY runs on CFW PS3, while Blu-Play runs everywhere! The very same ISO runs on PS3 + PS4 + XB1 + PC + hardware media players (like Dune HD Smart D1 or Popcorn Hour C200 / C300). Even runs on plain Blu-ray players if you want.
And you can run it from disc or from harddisk - your choice.
What's not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back