Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter Benbow2002       10      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benbow2002

Contributor
Can i downgrade a CECH-2503B to 3.55 and then install Rex or would it have to be CEX? If i can downgrade it?

For the CECH-25XXB it's been confirmed that if the datecode is either [0C], [0D] or [1A] you can use a PlayStation 3 flasher such as the Teensy++ 2.0 (most recommended), Progskeet or E3 Flasher to downgrade it.

The datecode is located on the sticker underneath the PS3 Slim 2K similar to this:

date_code_slim-jpg.765

If you would prefer, you can also have someone who offers a service such as racer0018 downgrade it for you.

Attachments

• Date_Code_Slim.jpg
    Date_Code_Slim.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 10,017
The Data code is 0D. Would i able to do it without a flasher or would that brick my ps3? How much would racer charge? Would be jail break it with Rex or sommet as well?

You would need a hardware flasher as it's currently on Firmware 4.80, but once it was downgraded you could put Rebug REX etc CFW on it.

I have no idea what racer0018 charges to downgrade that model PS3, although you're a Member class user here now so you should be able to start a conversation (private message) with him using THIS link to find out ;)

I charge 35 dollars plus shipping to downgrade that model.

But as stated there is no other way to downgrade the system without having a flasher. The flasher is a must have. Also you then would need a couple more things besides the flasher. The teensy 2.0++ is the cheapest one by far. A computer, good soldering iron, flux, wire and solder. I can't stress to people enough to stay away from the clips for flashers. Thanks

I can't stress to people enough to stay away from the clips for flashers.
I remember all the horror stories back in the PS2 days with those Sperry / NeoAsic clips, Magic / DMS clip kits, etc... and technology has only gotten more compact and precise since then with PS3 and PS4. :eek:

So I vote for PATIENCE and SKILL as necessary requirements also, these days I wouldn't even attempt to do my own in such tiny consoles. :p

There is nothing like soldering cables sure it takes more time , but there is no crying "help, help after dumping with e3 my console is dead" :p :D, and as always USE FLUX ppl !!! (here comes small tip, u can use rosin for violin works like a dream if not better than flux , that is old school stuff ;)).

BTW. i would say if u r able to solder modchip to slim ps2 7xxxx/9xxxx then u r be most definitely be able to solder teensy as soldering points in those models of ps2 are much smaller ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back