Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter noua86       31      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebug should work with Cobra also.. the reason you probably could get Ferrox to install and not Rebug is because of Rebug's complicated file download and name.

To install Rebug 4.81.2 REX (CEX) you should be able to by doing the following:

1) Download THIS PUP.

2) Once downloaded, rename the file to PS3UPDAT.PUP (if your PC doesn't show file extensions, enable that first).

3) Place that PS3UPDAT.PUP on a FAT32-formatted USB stick in the following folder path: /PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

So you would have the USB Stick root, and inside of that make a folder on it named PS3 (in CAPS) and inside of that another folder named UPDATE (in CAPS) and finally inside of that place the PS3UPDAT.PUP file.

Then put the USB Stick in the PS3 and reboot the console and do the following:
  • From the home menu, select
    ps_icn_settings.gif
    (Settings) >
    ps_icn_ntwkupdate.gif
    (System Update), and then press the
    ps_x_button.gif
    button.
  • Select [Update via Storage Media], and then press the
    ps_x_button.gif
    button.
The system automatically searches for and finds the update data saved on the storage media or USB device. Start the update. :)

I do all that. I download rebug from the official web site the link on rar fîles but the ferrox accept to install easily.. on my pc the extentions of the fîles is enable so i should write ps3updat without .Pup...

My console is cex I should download Rex or drex rebug 4.81 to install? Rebug work with cobra? I have to convert my ps3 to dex to install rebug?

Most people use Rebug REX, which is CEX for retail PS3 consoles... the D-REX is intended for DEX (developers).

I would recommend leaving your PS3 as CEX, not converting it to DEX.

rebug rex dont install on my ps3 I dont know why is make me crazy. No help any idea plz about rebug installation. If I install rebug toolbox pkg and I active Toggle QA Flag to deactive os protection work

Hi every one here. I have big problem.. I have ps3 cech 250 cobra jailbroken mmcm work

I try to install rebug 4.81 but he say No applicable data found. So I install ferrox and he succeed but I like rebug cause is the best cfw. I try with recovery menu also no app.....

Someone told me install rebug tool box and active Toggle AQ the restart ps3 than install rebug 4.81 cex

Have same one my friends the solution to install rebug on place of ferrox

Help plz

Everything I can think of to get Rebug REX working I already posted HERE and HERE. :unsure:

If it's still not working you could try to make a video of what you are doing and what happens for others to help, or try another PS3 4.81 CFW such as PS3 STARBUCKS 4.81 COBRA 7.50 CFW v1.02 by Habib :)

What about the toggle QA I install rebug toolbox ready if I active this things to deactivate the OS proctection then I try the rebug... it work.... I will make video and upload to youtube

How can I record video of ps3 to show you my update problem?

The Rebug installation instructions posted HERE say to have QA enabled... as for how to record a video, most people do them using their smartphone cameras since that is easiest.

I'm sure on Google there are many ways to record screen captures, but probably not necessary for making a simple video in this case. ;)

Or try another PS3 CFW besides Rebug if that one is the only one that won't install on that PS3... good luck! (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back