Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter mouad94       6      
Status
Not open for further replies.

mouad94

Contributor
  • i just brought PS3 CECHG04 OFW 4.46 FAT
  • and i want to jailbreak it and i have no idea
  • and please don't tell me i need a hardware to flash it

It's a Fat PS3 that is 3.55 or below so yes you can jailbreak it easily.

While there are a whole bunch of PS3 4.81 CFW's to pick from I'd say the safest bet is Rebug 4.81.2 REX (not D-REX) or their latest Rebug 4.82.1 with Cobra 7.54 LITE and from their Site, to quote:

HOW TO Install & Uninstall REBUG:

INSTALL:

From XMB install REBUG 4.21.x AND HIGHER over any 3.55 OFW/CFW/MFW or the same or lower firmware version CFW with spkg sig check patched or any firmware version CFW with spkg sig check patched and QA enabled.

UNINSTALL:

From XMB REBUG 4.21.x AND HIGHER can be uninstalled with the same or higher firmware version OFW/CFW/MFW or with REBUG 3.55.x REX EDITION on a QA enabled PS3 or with the ‘999’ DOWNGRADER if QA was NOT enabled.

If you have any other questions just ask! (y)

Heh, to avoid saying you'll need a hardware flasher to downgrade it... how about trading or selling it for a PS3 that can be downgraded via software that's 3.55 or below? :p

Heh, to avoid saying you'll need a hardware flasher to downgrade it... how about trading or selling it for a PS3 that can be downgraded via software that's 3.55 or below? :p
its a good idea is there something i can do without hardware for example i saw some people in youtube converting games to play in OFW without jailbreak is it possible ?

Yep, there are a number of methods / guides / tools to do PS3 data transfers, injecting and converting instead.

Here is post I made with links to them all:

https://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps3-jailbreaking-2017-help.1443/#post-13896

That said... I have never done any of them myself (sold my PS3 years ago, long before these newer methods) so if you have any questions on them I would recommend responding to the thread directly.

This way those following them will get a notice of a new post and try to help you since they know what they're doing with these newer methods.. and good luck! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back