Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter miguelfcp93       8      
Status
Not open for further replies.

miguelfcp93

Contributor
Hello guys.

I have a PS3 FAT 80GB CECHK model and some days ago I had problems with it (3 beeps and red light flashing). Did a oven reflow, installed CFW 4.82 and PS3 control fan utility and so far thins are going nice but I know one day it will break down.

My question is how should I put the settings? Using payload setting is reliable or should I use manual settings? At this moment I'm using at 0x70 manual speed but I'm worried if that is too much for the fan.

Thanks for your attention.
Best regards and happy holidays!

First: fill the space betwen clamps and mobo, if the mobo bend in any way, youll have a broken ps3. Use hard cardboard.

Thats the first thing to do after reball/reflow, never let the hit do its job.

sorry por mi spanglish (its worst today)

Thanks for the reply. But I couldn't understand what do you mean by fill the space betweem clamps and mobo.

Another thing do I need to start the app everytime I turn on my PS3 or it's possible to save the configuration?

. .
. .

thats how look the platen points where the clamps make pressure around the cell and the rsx. Just 4 points around for each IC, thats not good. You need to put hard cardboard inside those points betwen the platen and the mobo to make sure all that platen contact the mobo surface and pushing it against the ICs.

In a fat that small surface could bend and break a ball under the ICs, so you better fill it with cardboard to prevent any bend. Just cut 2 pieces (a bit thicker than the points) with that measure (dont cover the 4 points) and done.

An old trick to prevent (and even fix) yelow light. You need to start the soft to work every time. Or you can use play manager 1.11 and just enter to trigger that same tool embedded in playmanager.

If you wanna return to other manager just exit and enter to the other. CFW cobra is recommended to do that.

@miguelfcp93 can somehow tell me if you have an cfw before and of course an utility for the fan , plus i want to someone to tell me if 49 celcius & 46 celcius in xmb , 59 celcius & 56 celcius in games is normal?! thank you! ;)

I only installed CFW about two days ago. My main reason was to install the Fan Controller to speed up the fan.

I'm using manual speed at 0x70 and I have temps about 40-45ºC with the CPU and RSX. But when I installed everything and booted up the app the temps were about 70ºC. I can't remember exactly how much were the temps but they are near the values I said.

55 is cold
60 is nice
65 is good
70 is not bad, its normal with some games.
75 is hot
80 is dangerous
85 is dying
CELSIUS

But any console and any model have its own personality.
70 is the maximum to keep it healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back