Category PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Sep 26, 2016 at 8:11 PM       4,001       6            
Today PlayStation developer notzecoxao shared a video demonstration of a PS3 DECR-1000 running PS1 Classics and PSP Minis.

For those of you who have been around the scene awhile, you may recall the PlayStation 3 Development Kit hitting E-Bay, details on the PS3 TOOL Internals, Syscon / Flash Chips, PS3 TOOL CP, Serial Port and XMB Menu.

Our resident PSXHAX Moderator @Centrino has also just recently got his hands on a PS3 DECR-1000A development unit as well, so overall it definitely appears the PlayStation 3 scene isn't dead yet! (y)

From the video's caption, to quote: DECR-1000 running PS1 Classics and PSP Minis

To make this work you need to:
  • Have a cfw for mounting dev_blind and moving ps1emu and pspemu folders, or you can just make a cfw with those two folders and their contents. I just used IRISMAN with PASTA CFW.
  • Activate your content with reactpsn+user aa+exdata raps in usb000/exdata
  • And a DECR-1000.
PS3 DECR-1000.jpg

Comments

Temmy

Contributor
Thank God i still have my jailbroken ps3. I haven't even play through half of my collections and now this, i guess i'll be done with them all when ps5 comes out. LOL.

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Contributor
Verified
I never owned one myself, but apparently on those PS3 Reference Tool development units they weren't playable... until now. :geek:

As you said though, retail PS3 consoles modded with CFW this would be 'old news' for.

Recent Articles
Latest PlayStation 4 Game Trailer Videos from Gamescom 2019
Earlier this week we saw a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2v2 Alpha PS4 trailer video from Gamescom 2019, and below is some more fresh PlayStation 4 video game footage from this year's Gamescom...
Chiaki: Free and Open Source PS4 Remote Play Client by Thestr4ng3r!
Last month we reported on a PS4 Remote Play open source client in development by thestr4ng3r, and today he released Chiaki... the first free and open source PS4 Remote Play client software for...
Sony Patent Surfaces on Rumored PlayStation 5 / PS5 Development Kit Design
Although Sony's next-generation PlayStation 5 console isn't expected until the 2020 holiday season, today Andrew Marmo tweeted about a rumored Sony Interactive Entertainment patent...
CoD: Modern Warfare 2v2 Alpha Gamescom 2019 PS4 Trailer and Tips
The public Gamescom 2019 event runs from August 21st through the 24th, and during the weekend of August 23rd through the 25th gamers will be able to play the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2v2 Alpha...