Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter Intrenz       7      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Intrenz

Contributor
Hello as several of you may know, I have several different model reference tools, mostly DECR-1000A, a couple 1400A and the DEH-R1040 but thats put away for now.

My issue is connecting to either the 1000A or 1400A via ProDG while in xmb, I can connect to it in standby mode via dev lan, and can connect in debugger mode. Both have proved useful with dumping system files and testing exploits, however I have found it unable to connect while in XMB using Lan/Wifi connection, ive tried bridging, shared network, dmz networking.

I can get the ps3 to recognize the connection but not ProDG to recognize the system when in xmb mode, but can while outside of it, which I did find odd and frustrating.

I know that these systems are built differently and I do recognize that the process might be different but im not 100% sure how. Again I CAN connect via dev lan in standby and in debugger, but not in xmb or ingame.

I would really appreciate the help as it will allow me to search for exploits, and other functions ingame that may prove useful in the future. Any insight into this would be appreciated especially by someone who is familiar with these devices.

We used to have an Admin @CJPC who essentially wrote the book (a tiny bit of his research can be found HERE) on PS3 Reference Tools, used the leaked Sony ProDG with it, etc.. however, he's since moved on to bigger and better things in life. :teary:

That said, you could try some of the links in the Wiki to search there, or asking on Assembler where most licensed devs and non-devs who own development equipment collaborate. :angel:

Hello as several of you may know, I have several different model reference tools, mostly DECR-1000A, a couple 1400A and the DEH-R1040 but thats put away for now.

My issue is connecting to either the 1000A or 1400A via ProDG while in xmb, I can connect to it in standby mode via dev lan, and can connect in debugger mode. Both have proved useful with dumping system files and testing exploits, however I have found it unable to connect while in XMB using Lan/Wifi connection, ive tried bridging, shared network, dmz networking.

I can get the ps3 to recognize the connection but not ProDG to recognize the system when in xmb mode, but can while outside of it, which I did find odd and frustrating.

I know that these systems are built differently and I do recognize that the process might be different but im not 100% sure how. Again I CAN connect via dev lan in standby and in debugger, but not in xmb or ingame.

I would really appreciate the help as it will allow me to search for exploits, and other functions ingame that may prove useful in the future. Any insight into this would be appreciated especially by someone who is familiar with these devices.

@Centrino might able to help you with this he also has a decr 1000a

been a while since I messed around with it. but vaguely remember having connection issues too. I "think" my workaround was to get proDG running 1st, then connect the decr and boot it up. it' stays connected then

like I said, it' all a bit fuzzy memory so if I get chance I'll dig it out on the weekend and confirm

I appreciate that, and I have been able to use the workaround you were talking about in the past @Centrino however when connecting using that method you are limited to what you can do.

I found myself unable to debug ingame doing this. It has proved useful in the past however when using bdemu, core dumping, cp exploiting, suff with the rsx managing files ect. It does leave me unable to utilize debugging such as tmapi or prodg's debugger.

I have in the past found being able to screen every ounce of data possible to be extremely useful hence the frustration. I might be doing something wrong however, im very familiar with the devices but this seems to be the brick wall im hitting at. I appreciate the efforts!

I'll see if I can get ahold of joonie or zecoxao as they have in the past been able to help in such circumstances. Especially with the DEH-R model, anyways fingers crossed. If I do find something that works I will be sure to let you guys know.

Thats what I was thinking as well. Most of the devices are 4.xx mostly 4.81 with a cp of 0.8.8 so I used the latest proDG for them to no avail, ill see if firmware is a factor later on one of the ones with a lower firmware. It might play a role in whats going on. If anyone figures it out ahead of time please do let me know!

If its not something that can be done using conventional means maybe a kernel modification might do it but im not 100%, if its connecting in standby then im not seeing what is preventing a debugger from attaching unless is something on the software end maybe? In which case I can do something about, most commonly I get a socket error or coms error output so its definitely not communicating in those circumstances but is elsewhere?

Im not sure if anyone else has tried this and came across the same issue. I have tested on multiple devices and reached the same result so its either an error on my behalf hopefully or it may be a common occurrence. I connect just fine to my devkit and qa consoles aswell as normal consoles running cfw so its an issue im having primarily with DECR devices. Oh well, hopefully its something that can be sorted out thanks everyone!

have you tried with the DECR cfw?
another option I've just thought of is what mode are you running the decr on?
release? there's also a debug mode too I think?

try changing boot mode from release mode to system software mode
another dev just had a similar issue and that sorted it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back