Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Verified
Last week I added a PS3 Demo Unlock Codes guide for PlayStation 3 demonstration models and Shop kiosks, and below are the PS3 Demo / Kiosk / Shop Firmware Reverters from the old site (including some PS3 CEX2SEX Converter Retail2Kiosk mods) for those interested.

Most of them were made by tjhooker73 with recent updates from baba0rum, cairo100 and @Sherwindex below as well.

PS3 Kiosk Firmware Reverters
PS3 Demo / Kiosk / Shop Firmware Tutorial by tjhooker73
How to update via USB stick:
  • [USB Drive] > (Make an new folder and call it PS3) > [PS3] > (Make a new folder called UPDATE) > [UPDATE] > (Then drop the Reverter into the UPDATE folder) > [PS3UPDAT.PUP]
  • Then Insert USB into PS3 Go into Recovery mode and update.
  • All Reverters must be installed via Recovery menu.
How to enter the PS3 Recovery Menu:

1. Turn off your PS3.
2. Hold down the power button and wait for your PS3 to turn on and off.
3. Once it has turned off, hold the power button until you hear 2 beeps.
4. When you hear the 2 beeps let go of the power button.
5. Plug in your controller and press the PS button.
6. The Recovery menu should be on your screen now!

PS3 Recovery Menu features:
  • Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION 3 System.
  • Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
  • Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
  • Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.
  • Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
  • System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System
I hope this helps some of the people who got stuck on Kiosk firmware.

:arrow: 4.31 Kiosk Video (revised from glitchyjoey)

Hello!
I have a 4.80 Demonstration mode firmware. Is there no code for 4.80 or I have to download 4.66 reverter and insert the 8783 code?

Thx, and apologize for I'm a newby.

Thanks for the confirmation @chonps :)

If it was me I probably would turn off automatic updates, but if it does update again automatically by accident chances are we can sort out the next code anyway so not a huge worry :D

Yeah, I turned it off. I meant "by accident" or something... But you are right, try the next code et voilà!

I would like to extend information about this code: I'm not sure, but I think that PlayStation Network doesn't work (a message saying that this is not allowed in Demo mode appears, while other options still reachable), I will confirm it. And, of course, the unblock disappears when power off.

Thanks again for all of your work, you are great, and excuse me for my bad english.

Hello @PSXHAX

I have ended up with a PS3 in 4.80 demonstration mode as well. The code 7897 works fine but I am not able to connect online and play games. Is there any revert that I could use to go back to normal.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't seen a 4.80 reverter yet, but when I do it will be added to the first post of course :)

If I run across one and add it, I'll @babu2002 mention tag ya so you will know it's been updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back