Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter M37R01D       8      
Status
Not open for further replies.

M37R01D

Contributor
Verified
Hello all
I've been trying to downgrade a slim ps3
I was able to backup and patch then write the nor, Upon updating I get an error between 40-44% 8002f14e

I then loaded back the original dump back and tried updating from 4.80 to 4.81
Same error, changed to a new hard drive and same error

I've been reading it could be the bluray drive but it looks good the ribbon cable looks good when the ps3 is powered on the drive makes noise like it's working properly.

Does anyone have any suggestions as I don't have a spare cable or drive to swap out with to get this thing to update. Is there maybe a firmware I could use that skips the drive check or something else that could be done to test.

Thanks

Here's a few quick results from the wiki on the 0x8002F14E error:
  • Error with installing Firmware update. (BD) Drive not found or disconnected. or CoreOS region failure when in log "Update Core OS Package done (0x8002f14e)" or Revoke region failure when in log "Update Package Revoke list done (0x8002f14e)"
  • Do not Update in Factory/Service Mode (results in "8002f14e" error), only downgrade or same version! Only Upgrade in Retail mode!
A few recent NoBD 4.81 CFW's are linked HERE, but hopefully someone else will have a few suggestions to try ;)

Yea I plugged the drive in over and over, made sure it was secure on both sides

I will try one of those firmware, will they work on a stock machine or do u have to flash the patched nor over first?

Also fwiw when I start the update it takes like 15-20mins to get past the please wait loader screen.

Those NoBD CFW's linked will only install on a jailbroken PS3, so you may need to sort that first but the catch-22 is if you do then you may not even need them. o_O

Not what ya wanted to hear I know.. I've been out of PS3 stuff for years so maybe someone who still works on them will have ideas.

It sounds like your doing some troubleshooting on your own, and ruling out the drive cable would be a plus.. the question is where to go from there. :confused:

Ok will try 2moro and report back.

So if if it does install. I still need to goto rebug.
Is there a way to patch rebug to skip the BD check?

Update: That NOBD firmware did the trick.

I then updated to the latest rebug 4.81.2 and it worked. I then tried 2 games and both booted. Still not sure what the issue was other then something with the drive but I'm not complaining.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back