Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter noua86       31      
Status
Not open for further replies.

noua86

Contributor
hi every one here, tomorrow i will buy a slim ps3 cech 2504A with 4.75 firmware and the multiman work 100%

my question is can i install cfw like ferrox 4.81 or rogero or habib any custom firmware because all the new game ask high firmware ? to install cfw its oblige to do the Memdump process ?

for example i'm on 4.75 and i want to install any custoum firmware 4.81 its necessary to do Memdump process ?

When loading a game with multiman it will ask you if you want to patch the game to work on your current firmware, so newer games can be played on older firmwares.

Although it is probably better to be on the latest CFW as there is less chance then of accidentally updating to OFW. So yes you can just install a 4.81 CFW.

Make sure you don't have a disc in the drive or a game mounted at the time though because the PS3 looks there first for the update even if you choose update from external drive.

I don't understand what your asking, is the system on cfw right now are you asking if or how you can get cfw on it. It doesn't really say it in the post if he is on cfw or not. This is needed to move forward. Thanks.

I don't understand what your asking, is the system on cfw right now are you asking if or how you can get cfw on it. It doesn't really say it in the post if he is on cfw or not. This is needed to move forward. Thanks.
If multiman is on it and working, then it must be on CFW.

If you mean use a hardware flasher, then if it is on OFW above 3.55 then a hardware flasher is required to be able to install a CFW. If you are on 4.75 CFW, or any other CFW (you said multiman is installed and working 100% so it must be CFW) then you can just install a 4.81 CFW from USB. No need for a flasher if you are already on CFW.

I don't know how to take this.

If your are on cfw 4.75 of any kind you can install 4.81 to the system by putting the update files on a USB formatted to FAT32 and then make a folder named PS3, inside that one make a folder called UPDATE, inside that folder make sure the downloaded cfw file is named PS3UPAT.PUP and then go to update and let the ps3 update itself.

If the system is on ofw 4.75 then you will need a hardware flasher to Downgrade the system. Thanks.

Thanks friends for all this reply... I have tested my new console today... when i open the multiman on xmb menu I find much options of rebug firmware include with the multiman together... like game and the ather rebug option.....

To install rebug 4.81 usb gars drive and two files one call ps3 and the other update... the traditional way to update...

Whats is the best cfw today to install? My console is cex or dex? how can I know that?

If it's on Rebug CFW already I would stay on Rebug as it's the most widely used... you should be able to tell which version it's on under the System settings, and then upgrade to the appropriate CEX (REX) / DEX (D-REX) version of the latest Rebug 4.81.2 CFW. :)

Thanks for reply

Friends how can I add New game download via internet on the internal hard disk of my ps3 slim model because I dont have external hdd and no cd disk game

Thanks.

hi every one here... i have pay the new console today. when i open the ps3 system i find icon like multiman but its written mmCM its multiman ? true ?

when i enter on it much menu i choose system information and its :

ps3 system firmware 4.75 sc-35 i pl3
ip address........
free memory.......
free hdd......
firmware mode : cobra 7.10 compatible

the ps3 system is cex....my console is jailbroken ? no ? can i install on it rebug 4.81 with usb hard disk ? help me plz... i'm afraid to be stolen ...tricked..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back