Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter TimmyVegas78       1      
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmyVegas78

Contributor
Hi all, I was wondering if I could downgrade a slim or any other ps3 for that matter without using the 3.3v regulator. I've already soldered most of it to the ps3 yet I've checked my package I ordered from china and it will not arrive for another month. If it's possible to do without using but just easier with it, then I would prefer a method of doing it without "for now", can anyone link or possibly just post a simple tutorial of doing it without and what would need to happen?

I look for to any responses whether they be good and or bad, but I have searched and I'm very aware of the BAILEY'S The Ultimate Fool Proof Guide: Ps3 hardware downgrading but I'm still not certain within it's steps if I can actually just skip using the Vreg and instead do something different.

I have never used the regulator before and I have done a lot of systems with the teensy. if it were me I would just cut the trace on the bottom of the teensy, it is the one that connects the 5v pad to the 3.3v. Then solder and bridge the gap on the 2 3.3v pads. This will work and you don't need the regulator. And then solder the 5v pad the top on the teensy to the 3.3v on the ps3. It will kick the system into program mode if you have the USB plugged into the computer. If you don't have it connected to the computer it will allow the system to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back