Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter twostepmic       13      
Status
Not open for further replies.

twostepmic

Contributor
I've just tried updating my ps3 fw 4.81 upto the latest fw. It crashed at 54% with an error code 8002F14E, and now its on update loop. I've checked all ribbon cables and everything is connected.

i cant even get into that. had an idea that maybe if i was to swap hdd with another ps3 it could possibly finish the update once ive installed 4.82 onto a usb

there's no way that console can't get into recovery menu and be able to try to flash firmware that i'm aware of. try again, be sure that you keep pressing long enough first to shut off, then to trigger recovery menu.

I managed to swap HDD got into recovery update from usb formatted usb to fat32 but it just hangs checking for updates

I got into safe mode and went through the series of options still nothing. though it does say demonstration mode could this affect the console reading from usb?

a test enters the recovery service, it is an update of the system and once you click and select to start the update, press the eject button for 15 seconds and release it, then tell us how it was

I know this error very well the error ur having is to do with the Blu-ray drive so most likely the ribbon isn't sitting properly on the board. The reason ur looping is because the error is still sticking because u have to fix this.

Once the ribbon for the Blu-ray drive is right go into recovery and install the update from there then ur problem is fixed. Even if u have a bad drive u can still use a pcb board of the Blu-ray drive that came with the system it a extra one and if apps don't load u must remarry the pcb board to the ps3

I had this same error in a ps3, it is an update loop and I also thought about the reader's cable, but the only thing that worked for me was what I explained earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back