Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 20, 2016 at 11:50 AM       17      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following Sony's previous updates, today they've made available PS3 Firmware Update v4.80 which improves the PlayStation 3 System Software stability with PSN 2-step verification.

Download: PS3 Firmware 4.80 (EU) Update / PS3 Firmware 4.80 (US) Update / PS3 Firmware 4.80 (AU/NZ) Update / PS3 Firmware 4.80 (JP) Update / multiman_480.rar (33.96 MB - 4.78 Renamed to 4.80) / multiMAN_ver_04.78.03_BASE_(20160425).pkg (35 MB) / multiMAN_ver_04.78.03_UPD_CEX_(20160425).pkg (2 MB) via j1ni0r

About PlayStation 3 system software update version 4.80

PS3 system software version 4.80 was released on April 19, 2016. Version 4.80 adds or updates the following features.

New for 4.80
  • This system software update improves system performance.
Here's some additional details from PS4 News: While there is no changelog posted since it's not updated yet on Sony's Official Site, according to GearNuke.com it improves PlayStation 3 system stability and fixes a Facebook integration bug in some games including GTA V.

PSN 2-Step Sign-In.jpgFor those curious, according to carlitos92jose: I updated my PS3 superslim and the ode is working the same as 4.78, nothing changed. Updated games works and non updated games don't work.

SEN Enabler v6.0.0 Download: SEN Enabler v6.0.0 [CEX-DEX] [4.80].rar (6.43 MB) / SEN Enabler v6.0.0 [CEX-DEX] [4.80].rar (Mirror) / SEN Enabler v6.0.0 [CEX-DEX] [4.80].rar (Mirror #2) / SEN Enabler v6.0.0 [CEX-DEX] [4.80].rar (Mirror #3)

Improvements v6.0.0
  • Spoof to 4.80 (Online works again)
Download: DUMPS.rar (5.6 MB)

SEN Enabler v6.0.1 Download: SEN Enabler v6.0.1 [CEX-DEX] [4.80].rar (6.4 MB) / SEN Enabler v6.0.1 [CEX-DEX] [4.80].rar (Mirror) / SEN Enabler v6.0.1 [CEX-DEX] [4.80].rar (Mirror #2) / SEN Enabler v6.0.1 [CEX-DEX] [4.80].rar (Mirror #3)

SEN Enabler v6.0.1
  • [Previous] Spoof to 4.80 (Online works again)
  • Fixed bug while changing XMB mode (Empty GAME tab)
If you want to use SEN Enabler on future CFWs 4.80, wait for a new update to add compatibility.

We'll update this article when an official changelog becomes available as always! :)

:arrow: Update: Here are the changes for PlayStation 3 firmware update 4.80:
  • Fixed the removal of Facebook Support
  • Users now have the option to use 2-step authentication for PSN accounts
PS3 Firmware 4.80.jpg

Comments

on new ofw releases we need a big red font with warning that this is a OFW and will remove CFW if installed....

This thread can be a little tricky with OFW firmwares but also downloads for Multiman and SNEnabler...

on new ofw releases we need a big red font with warning that this is a OFW and will remove CFW if installed....

This thread can be a little tricky with OFW firmwares but also downloads for Multiman and SNEnabler...
I'm not sure about a 'big red warning' as that would look retarded and insult the intelligence of those who take notice which section the article is in (in this case our general PS3 News forum, not PS3 Hacks / PS3 Jailbreaking / PS3 CFW) and actually read the article. ;)

I do agree we should try to keep mM/spoofers/etc in their own threads instead of the more convenient (but confusing to some) 'all in one place' approach when new updates arrive. :tup:

That said, from now on I'll do just that for such apps... thanks for the suggestion @mcmrc1! :)

Guys, I unjailbroke my ps3 after just paying to get it downgraded thinking this was CFW, now I'm screwed. I signed up to leave a comment so you guys can change this thread so someone else doesn't fall into this tar pit.

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately there isn't much available to change as neither the thread's title nor introduction mention it being CFW, and the section it's in also indicates it's OFW not Custom Firmware.

That said, we'll close this thread but (as always) the PlayStation 3 PUPs posted in the 'PS3 News' section are typically OFW and those posted in the 'PS3 CFW and Hacks' or 'PS3 Jailbreaking' sections are CFW or MFW. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back