Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter LarryPS3       4      
Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryPS3

Contributor
I've torrented a ps3 game from a site and im spent a lots of hours to completed. In the meantime i've backed up my ps3 to an external hard drive. With Pexploit loaded the game (only the PS3_GAME folder, i dont know what to do with PS3_UPDATE and PS3_DISC.sfc file) to the external hard drive.

And then i restored my ps3 from the hard drive. And i see the game but i cant play because i have this error code: 80029530 (an error occured during the start operation). Please help me!

UPDATE: I've updated to the latest version of game (1.07) and now the game wont shown up in my Games menu on XMB. Please help how to start the game.

Are you on 4.70 firmware? If you are on a higher firmware are you sure it is a game that works on that firmware as only some older games will work if you are on 4.75 or higher.

Also, these are the disc versions of the games so when you update disc versions of the games the update installs to game data. So that is where the game has disappeared to.

You will need to delete that data and start again. Follow the tutorial that you are using without missing any steps out, if you are on the correct firmware and follow everything carefully you shouldn't have any problems.

Im on 4.81, and i have a ps3_update folder which contains ps3update.pup. But i cant install this file to the ps3 system. Formatted the external hard drive to fat 32 and this file in PS3>UPDATE>PS3UPDAT.PUP. so the location is the file is correct.

How to find which version is the correct for the game? (Far Cry 4 Version: 1.07) And how to update disc version of the game?

The system update that comes with far cry 4 will be lower than 4.81, so won't install on your PS3.

Which tutorial are you following? you probably aren't following it very closely if you still think it is possible to play Far Cry 4 by backup injection on 4.81. I'm sure it will work via DTU from a CFW PS3 but not by backup injection. I could be wrong though.

I'm following a lot of tutorial by one time so i wont paste many many links.. The guys uses a program called PSNStuff But i dont use it it sucks. I'm just torrented the game. My PS3 is cannot be jailbreaked.

I'm viewed a lot of tutorial of this CFW but my system is not compatible with it. So thats why
im trying to play expensive games free on PS3. I do not have a CFW PS3 in my neigborhood so i cannot try Data Transfer Utility.

I just want to play this game. I tried to ask my friends to give me a PSN account but thats not fair to my friends. Anyway that's another story. By the way thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back