Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter Lionel100       15      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for the reply. I have decided that I will change my HDD. I hope that will solve the problem of the lag. One question that I have is do I have to re-jailbreak my new HDD that I will install or not? Because right now I do have a jailbreak of multiman version 4.75. Is that jailbreak installed onto the software or onto the current harddisk?
Just put the cfw your ps3 is on right now on a usb stick , if you change your hdd. when I changed my HDD on mine a few years back I remember having to reinstall the CFW again , I might be wrong , but yeah just do that, and make sure you don't have any disc inserted in your console when you do that

Just put the cfw your ps3 is on right now on a usb stick , if you change your hdd. when I changed my HDD on mine a few years back I remember having to reinstall the CFW again , I might be wrong , but yeah just do that, and make sure you don't have any disc inserted in your console when you do that

Hi, Thanks for replying. I just wanted to go through the steps one time to be clear about the whole procedure before I go through it:

1. Insert the new HDD
2. Format the HDD
3. Install multiman CFW
4. Then copy the previous data

Please answer these concerns of mine too:

1. Can I install multiman 4.80?
2. Also after installing the new HDD do I need to use things like flasher to downgrade and hack the ps3 again or do I just reinstall multiman? Because somewhere I read that "TO JAILBREAK PS3 YOU MUST BE ON 3.55"

0. backup all data to external HDD
1. download latest CFW of your choice (recommended rebug 4.80.1)
2. install latest CFW
3. remove and swap HDD
4. install same CFW of your choice again as in step no. 1
5. install multiman
6. njoy life.

:)

0. backup all data to external HDD
1. download latest CFW of your choice (recommended rebug 4.80.1)
2. install latest CFW
3. remove and swap HDD
4. install same CFW of your choice again as in step no. 1
5. install multiman
6. Enjoy life.

:)

Hi thanks for replying.

1. I currently already have multiman 4.75. So are you suggesting that I install rebug 4.80.1 over multiman 4.75 before I swap my HDD? And then again install it after I swap my HDD?
If so why do I need to install the CFW twice?

2. I am a newbie in this ps3 hacking. So after I install rebug then I need to install multiman again?

3. As I asked earlier do I need to do steps like using E3 flasher to downgrade or not? I am really confused about this as in a youtube comment of installing multiman it was posted that without it we could not jailbreak? Or is it only for those ps3's that have not yet been jailbroken?

Thanks for your patience really. Because I am a newbie here and for me to understand this it is taking some sweet time. :)

@Lionel100 No u dont need update to 4.80 (fw and multiman) on ur org hdd, anyway ur hdd has bad sectors and may stuck in update loop so dont waste ur time.

when your swapping hdd it ask to u to inset the media with 4.75 or later so here u should put rebug 4.80 and all u done and yea after booting del the multiman 4.75 ..install mm 4.80 from package manager.

dont forgot to install rebug toolbox too..there are some useful option for u. nah no need any e3 flasher etc .. when u jailbreak a device u can install homebrew apps like mm so dont worry about this.

just be careful that ur blu drive is empty nd urcfw md5 OK then you are safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back