Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter Lionel100       15      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionel100

Contributor
Hi my ps3 seemed to have been working fine but recently from the past 2 days the gameplay has been lagging in almost every game. I have tried the option to rebuild the database as well but that did not work. I normally play Fifa 17, PES 17 and COD.

The cutscenes in the game are extremely smooth, the only thing lagging has been the gameplay. The gameplay seems to be working at almost twice slower than normal. What is the problem? Is it a problem with HDD?

The ps3 is multi man hack and has 4.7 version installed on to it. PS3 SLIM 250 gb.

ye as above said u have bad sector/s on some area in ur HDD.
to check health of hdd use hdsentinel

if ur data/information is not important simply change ur hdd then go to recovery mode and following the screen.

just be careful install cfw and check ur blu ray drive(no disk)before installing anything. imho rebug 4.80 is awesome fw.

GL

How do you use HDSENTINEL after downloading it? I am sorry but I am a real noob when it comes to jailbreak on ps3. :(

Also if my hdd has errors, will plugging in external HDD and playing the games right off the external drive solve this lag issue? Or is it a must to change the internal HDD of the PS3 for smoother gameplay?

oops sry to my bad explain. u must install it on win system then connect ur 2.5 hdd to pc then run the program and check ur hdd. it tell you whats happen to ur hard drive so dont worry.

nop becaz of ur fw installed on ur internal hdd so u will have lage during the game on ext hdd anyway.

u cant fix bad sector easily (to me its impossible) just blocking bad sector may help u if u wanna ur current hdd.

the recommended way is change ur hdd.

Definitely bad sectors ,change your HDD , you can relocate them , but it's a waste of time to be honest , if you don't have important data on that HDD , just toss it and buy a new one :)

Thank you all for the reply. I have decided that I will change my HDD. I hope that will solve the problem of the lag. One question that I have is do I have to re-jailbreak my new HDD that I will install or not? Because right now I do have a jailbreak of multiman version 4.75. Is that jailbreak installed onto the software or onto the current harddisk?

I think thats software base isnt it? But u lose all ur stuff on hdd and wen u so a initial system install i think it goes back to original fw then gotta jb again and install Mm an so forth

I THINK been a while. The ps3 will format the HDD when you stick it in there, don't downgrade your ps3. Just back up old HDD, swap HDD and then re-install your exact CFW then put your apps back on and anything you backed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back