Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter King Kurupt       10      
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Kurupt

Contributor
Trying to jailbreak my old ps3 it runs on the newest updated firmware 4.78 but having no luck on tutorials I found online was hoping the community could help I'm newer to the jailbreaking. I tried the USB to thumb drive method it comes up with the update but seems to unpack files an try to install but keeps turning off around 50% any help or download links be great. I tried numerous update files no luck :eek: :(

Hey buddy

Im sorry to tell ya this but all of the USB drive etc method are BS.
u need hardware flasher to downgrade man.

if ur device is a fat/old one so u should check ur seial number to found that its a NOR or NAND.
if its slim, u must check ur lowest fw to downgrade.

minverchk tell u the minimum downgrade fw.
and the end of story, I recommend to ya look into having someone else do it for ya.

GL

Hey buddy

Im sorry to tell ya this but all of the USB drive etc method are BS.
u need hardware flasher to downgrade man.

if ur device is a fat/old one so u should check ur seial number to found that its a NOR or NAND.
if its slim, u must check ur lowest fw to downgrade.

minverchk tell u the minimum downgrade fw.
and the end of story, I recommend to ya look into having someone else do it for ya.

GL
Yes that's a bummer I know it's a Dino but could use for emulation etc. Appreciate the feedback I been checking around at places that mod.

You have to ultimately make the decision whether if you want to play online or whatever you want to have the world and go with custom firmware. Whatever choice that you make you have to realize the prices that are going to be involved going into custom firmware.

Yah bud understand that just a old floppy pos machine my girl happened to update I'm on both next gen consoles was looking just to jailbreak so I could use custom emulation apps.

Probably best way to go would be to look into finding a reputable scene member from here or psxhax.com to downgrade it for you. I'm sure its alot more convenient to have someone else solder and flash. A week or two down the road never hurt anyone. Especially for cfw. Lolz

I use to do a lot of work but then life got in the life way of it and had to put a lot of work on hold. Now I'm getting back into it. So I'm back but I won't be taking any reballed for a few. I got a lot of my own work to do right now. And I got a friends as well with his PS3 reballed. Thanks all and let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back