Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Aug 2, 2017 at 11:17 PM       44      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing the PS3 Data Transfer Utility (DTU) Methods following PS3 PKG Game Transfer to OFW Rumors and the release of CFW2OFW Helper v8 comes a PS3 OFW Bubble Maker for DTU Method script by PlayStation 3 developer @esc0rtd3w to create bubbles on OFW using the DTU method and a CFW console complete with source code and details below. :thumbup:

Download: PS3 OFW Bubble Maker / GIT

PS3 OFW Bubble Maker For DTU Method by Esc0rtd3w.pngTo quote from esc0rtd3w as outlined in the README.md:

PS3 OFW Bubble Maker Tool For DTU Method

This is another side project of mine that I figured I would release. Now slow down, this is nothing groundbreaking!!! :teary:

This will allow you to create bubbles on OFW using the DTU method and a CFW console.

It lets you drag & drop packages, edit XMB text, and change icon. Everything is automated and it will transfer all created files to the PS3 when finished. If you continue to make bubbles, the IP address is saved so you don't have to re-enter it every time.

Supports multiple bubble creation (not sure the limit!!!) and will automatically increment the output directory number to create new bubbles.

From my testing, it will allow you to install any ORIGINAL package on OFW from a cute little bubble. (-8 The benefit of this at the moment seems meaningless, but I thought it was a neat setup to get bubbles on OFW. Maybe better things will be in the future!!

** THE SCREENSHOTS ARE FROM THE FIRST BUILD AND HAVE SINCE CHANGED A BIT **

PS3 OFW Bubble Maker for DTU Method by Esc0rtd3w 2.png

PS3 OFW Bubble Maker for DTU Method by Esc0rtd3w 3.png

PS3 OFW Bubble Maker for DTU Method by Esc0rtd3w 4.png

PS3 OFW Bubble Maker for DTU Method by Esc0rtd3w 5.png

PS3 OFW Bubble Maker for DTU Method by Esc0rtd3w 6.png

PS3 OFW Bubble Maker for DTU Method by Esc0rtd3w 7.png

PS3 OFW Bubble Maker for DTU Method by Esc0rtd3w 8.png

PS3 OFW Bubble Maker for DTU Method by Esc0rtd3w 9.png

Cheers to both RLC for letting us know in the ongoing thread and esc0rtd3w for the follow-up! :beer:

Comments

Choose data transfer utility on the CFW console and connect it via ethernet to the OFW console, should go smoothly from then on if they're running the same FW number.

Thanks, i know this method :(

@esc0rtd3w: Can u show us how to use your file ?

it is pretty automated. Just follow all prompts and when finished, DTU to your OFW console, thats all :coffee:

everything created will be in an "/output/" folder when finished, which can also be saved.

Basic rundown:

Drag an original package onto command prompt box, Enter Install Text that you want displayed on XMB, and drag an icon you want displayed. After that you enter your CFW PS3 IP Address and it uploads everything from "/output/" to the PS3. If you have any issues, then the data from "/output/" can be manually copied or uploaded.

Hope that helps :bananaman13:

Thanks but how to create a bubble on ofw without a ps3 on cfw ?

I think for ps3 on 4.81, we must have netfix to make a bubble for game ?

I think for ps3 on 4.81, we must have netfix to make a bubble for game ?
no, Netflix is not needed for bubble making. I think you are thinking of another script I released for dumping PSID using Netflix.

As far as not needing a CFW console... i mean, this is for the DTU method, so another console IS always required for this. I don't know if the INJECT method will work for this or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back