Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter tommiedepommie       7      
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommiedepommie

Contributor
Hello,

I bought recently a used PS/3, with system software V4.81 and Multiman 04.80.00 base (20160828) by deank.

This device is equipped with a 160GB HDD with a few games, originally installed by the former user, on it which I would like to keep. (I don't have the original discs of those games)

Before adding (using) new games on this device, I would like to upgrade to a 500GB or 750GB HDD.

I've read some forums, but everybody is telling something else.

Can somebody please help me, I'm a noob with PS/3 stuff but I know a few things on networking and PC stuff.

Thank You for helping me.

Greetings tom

Hello

If the current data isnt important simply replace the hdd u will be fine. put ur new hdd on case go to recovery menu (i think u know)then all u need is 9.99 downgarder and cfw 4.81.

remove any blu ray disc from the driver nd continue.

hello Sir,

Of course I'm not interested in the game-data, but in the games themselves. At the moment i'm making a backup with the PS/3 backup utility to an external harddrive (fat32). That wil take about 3 hours.

So to be short , DO NOT CHANGE HDD , that is pointless as the bigger hdd will be fitted the bigger chunk of it will be taken by operating system of ps3, for that matter from 1TB hdd you will lose ~350gb for nothing , better to skip disk swap and use external HDD for all games and keep internal HDD only for game data and games that files have bigger file size than 4GB as they to work properly will need to be joined together in internal HDD ;)

Hello,

1) The purpose of expanding the harddrive is, to install more games on it, keeping everything in ONE device.
2) the 750GB HDD (SSD replaced it) comes out of my laptop, so it's laying just around now.

grtz

tom

hello misiozol,

I think you misunderstood me. I replaced the 750GB HDD from my laptop with a SSD. So I have a 750GB HDD on the shelf, doing nothing. In my PS3 is a 160GB HDD which I would like to replace with the 750GB.

I just want to expand the internal HDD capacity so i can install more games, WITHOUT using an external harddrive.

grt tom

Do what u wish , just remember coreOS will grab ~35% of this HDD for no good reason , better to used as external then whole 750gb can be used for backups ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back