Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter JNSXDev       6      
Status
Not open for further replies.

JNSXDev

Developer
Contributor
Hey there, the other day i was trying to downgrade my fat ps3 to 3.55 with an e3 flasher however when i was dumping my nor so i would have a safe backed up version my ps3 turned off and i didnt get a dump, the ps3 now only turns on but with no picture i have tried switching to vga and still no picture so im not really sure what to do.

I was told this was a soft brick as my ps3 stays turned on and does not automatically turn itself off but im not too sure.

Anyway thanks if anyone can help me!

EDIT: can not go into safemode

You need to put your ps3 in safe mode by turning off the ps3, hold the power button for 5 sec or until you hear two beeps. Navigate over to system update be sure if you are on CFW install 3.55 or on OFW just install update the highest it will let you and redowngrade.

Something must of went wrong in the system software or ef ain't connected in firmly. Make sure usb is always in right port. If that don't work you'll half to reformat your hdd.

Clear stating : E3 is garbage ! While reading operation on flasher nothing is done to flash as it's only reading if you unplug power at any time and nothing will happen , as stated b4 e3 is garbage and most likely did write some trash data to flash , double check if legs from flash are not bend and not touching each other ? have you solder tristate while doing reading option ? perhaps ps3 was doing some R/W operation while dumping with e3 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back