Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 13, 2016 at 4:41 PM       21      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier today I posted this on PS4 News and figured I'd share the news here as well! :)

PlayStation 3 developer Habib has updated his CFW to PS3 STARBUCKS 4.78 Cobra 7.30 Custom Firmware with the changes detailed below.

Download: HABIB_478_CB730.PS3UPDAT.PUP (195.93 MB) / HABIB_478_CB730.PS3UPDAT.PUP (Mirror) / HABIB_478_CB730.PS3UPDAT.PUP (Mirror #2)

MD5 Hash: 9B98D2D57129838E3A2F5CAF78F2ED75

From the video's caption, to quote: CHANGELOG:

1. MADE OUT OF 4.78 OFW
2. HAVE INSTALL PACKAGE FILES AND APP_HOME
3. HAVE REACTPSN COMPATIBILITY
4. PATCHED LV0 TO DISABLE COREOS ECDSA CHECK
5. PATCHED LV2 TO ADD PEEK/POKE SUPPORT
6. PATCHED LV1 TO DISABLE LV2 PROTECTION
7. PATCHED LV1 TO ADD PEEK/ POKE SUPPORT
8. IT CAN RUN GAMES SIGNED WITH KEYS UP TO 4.78
9. CAN BE UPDATED OVER ANY CFW.
10. CAN BE UPDATED OVER 3.55 OFW
11. NOT ADDED NO BT/BD PATCHES
12. RSOD BYPASS
13. REACTPSN OFFLINE PATCH ADDED
14. BETTER SYSTEM STABILITY
15. REMOVED CINAVIA DRM FOR HDD CONTENT
16. REMOVED CINAVIA FOR BDMV
17. REMOVED CINAVIA FOR BDVD
18. QA FLAG ENABLED BY DEFAULT IF PS3 WAS QA ON 3.55
19. COBRA 7.30
20. OtherOS
21. psx compatibility same as habib 4.65 (which people loved lol) (cobra)
22. SYSTEM ACTS AS A COMPLETELY NORMAL CFW WHEN COBRA DISABLED

COBRA 7.30 CHANGELOG:

1. fixed wireless sync issue on 4.46++
2. fixed issue where going to non-cobra after playing iso would cause ps2 iso reload
3. improved optical disc xmb error of data disc, if hangs, reinsert disc(data disc error was present since 4.46)
4. bc and semi-bc ps2 works without cobra, no emu swap needed
5. fixed possible bug where games with config would fail since 4.46

Habib_PS3_CFW_4.78.png

Comments

Well for the first time ever I will run a Habib CFW on my dual boot PS3. I will keep Rebug 4.76 on my other PS3

The reason I am using this , is for the first time ever on my CECHL01 I was running OFW 4.78 and Rebug 4.78, and all seemed fine, until yesterday switching back to CFW I got the RSOD with the chinese writing on it. Then for some reason I couldn't even go to Recovery, or FSM

So I ended up flashing a backup with my e3flasher, and then have now downgraded to 3.55. Will run the rsod package, and update it to this. Just in the process now, so will see how it goes.

I meant the CFW lol.... not the downloading of it. Mediafire which I still use is fast, so is rapidgator.

I have no idea as to why some of these developers even use Sendspace to upload their files. That's probably the slowest filehost there is to be had.

On a side note:

I'm still on Rogero 4.55 CFW. I plan on updating now to 4.78 CFW. Does the HDD get reformatted when installing overtop with this Habib 4.78 CFW? I swear I read a post somewhere in which somebody said there game data(actual games & patches,etc.) got erased from their HDD when installing this overtop another CFW. I didn't think that is supposed to happen? Thanks!

I have no idea as to why some of these developers even use Sendspace to upload their files. That's probably the slowest filehost there is to be had.

On a side note:

I'm still on Rogero 4.55 CFW. I plan on updating now to 4.78 CFW. Does the HDD get reformatted when installing overtop with this Habib 4.78 CFW? I swear I read a post somewhere in which somebody said there game data(actual games & patches,etc.) got erased from their HDD when installing this overtop another CFW. I didn't think that is supposed to happen? Thanks!
Hi... I know I miss the Rogero CFW's, but I had to update for my dual Boot OFW..

You can update to 4.78 and it won't format the hdd. It just installs over it and everything else installed stays the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back