Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter modz2014       15      
Status
Not open for further replies.

modz2014

Contributor
hi to all i dont know if i posted in the right area i have downgrade ps3 to offical 3.55 i changed hard drive and tried install 3.55 offical again and i'm stuck in a firmware update loop so use downgrade dongle and that step was able to boot to XMB changed hard drive again and got stuck into update loop again this time i cant get out of this loop

You need to stop swapping HDD stick with one. why your in update loop lol

dont update via xmb always install 3.55 ofw via recovery. here what to do.

Format Your HDD BEFORE PROGRESS

go into recovery with 3.55 ofw let it install go into xmb > shut down the ps3 > go back into recovery and update 3.55 ofw again "listen up now cause i told you this before you didnt listen both me and choas tried to tell you this. "this will reset COREOS" <--- THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO DO THIS"

now once your on xmb do not install any pkg on ofw 3.55 or anything or you will have TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

shut down ps3 boot into recovery again

download this > https://www.sendspace.com/file/ub9lp5 <- it's Kmeaw cfw pre patched.

now once your on xmb install pkg q&a pkg do the combo - go here

install the latest rebug and enable web man or install latest backup manager

why you keep updating loop is you keep swapping HDD and doing the process again

Kindly tell me if i wrong used both rebug 4.78 & ofw 4.78 to up and failed in the middle process! Loop stuck and do nothing by safe mode! Is it brick?

Can i hard reset or other ofw to recure back to 3.55 & dashtop? Thanks

The 1st link seems invalid, help

As no work in safe mode

Thanks guy let me try.

Hi, i tried the PS3UPDAT.PUP (3.55 ofw) to update my PS3, (i cannot do this as frozen when i press update firmware, ie the last selection in safe mode), i follow the screen instruction press "start" + "select" to load this file, it said it doesnt match the new one, and remind to put ofw 4.78 or above and try again!

in this stage, is it brick? (as previously wrongly installed 4.78 ofw but failed/stuck in processing), i cannot check the existing firmware version of my PS3, still the others selections in safe mode all non-work!

What can i do this moment? hopeless!

if all files inside corruped, what can i recover back to normal?

you could try a flasher to recover the ps3 like e3 flasher etc take a dump from it and reflash to downgrade and then put on your cfw should help it out

Hi, I got success updated of OFW 4.78, then what can I do now to my fat PS3? (jailbreak) to say, Rebug 4.81.2? or downgrade back to 3.55 first? whats the procedure with thanks

Share a funny thing, at the most disappointed moment, i found a helpful guy post a 4.78 playerXX.pup, tried up this ofw, bingo formatted HD & recovered to dashboard, installed rebug 4.782 got success-! Irisman , mm , those work , a pity lost save, its ok , my system show 4.78 now !

Anyone need this pup ! Leave message i can help, thanks all the way

If up 4.82, u risk in network linked to up ofw, and complicated in chinese forum mentioned, luckily to my fat ps3, good luck to loop and stuck persob, i should mentioned at last, i dont need e3 to downgrade, it can play at 4.78 as my fat ps3 is originally at 3.55 before problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back